Bell ringer

trekryder

Jul 19, 2004
In medieval times, the bellringer at church died so the priest puts up a sign to fill the position. One day there is a knock on the door of the church. The priest opens the door and there stands a guy about 3 ft tall with no arms. "I'm here about the bell ringers job", he says. The priest says "Well, I don't know how you'll do it but you can try." So, they go up to the bell tower. The little guy takes off running at the bell and slams into it face first. The bell swings back and knocks the little guy out and down to the street. The priest runs down to find a cop standing over the body. The cop asks the priest "Father, do you know this man?" The priest answers "No but his face sure does ring a bell."

A couple days later there is another knock at the door. The priest opens the door and there stands another little guy with no arms. "I'm here about the bell ringers job", he says. The priest says "The last guy with no arms didn't do so well." The little guy convinces the priest to give him a chance. So, they go up to the bell tower. The little guy takes off running at the bell and slams into it face first. The bell swings back and knocks the little guy out and down to the street. The priest runs down to find the same cop standing over the body. The cop asks the priest "Father, do you know this man?" The priest answers "No, but he's a dead ringer for the last guy."

My wife wasn't the least bit amused by that...

trekryder said:
In medieval times, the bellringer at church died so the priest puts up a sign to fill the position. One day there is a knock on the door of the church. The priest opens the door and there stands a guy about 3 ft tall with no arms. "I'm here about the bell ringers job", he says. The priest says "Well, I don't know how you'll do it but you can try." So, they go up to the bell tower. The little guy takes off running at the bell and slams into it face first. The bell swings back and knocks the little guy out and down to the street. The priest runs down to find a cop standing over the body. The cop asks the priest "Father, do you know this man?" The priest answers "No but his face sure does ring a bell."

A couple days later there is another knock at the door. The priest opens the door and there stands another little guy with no arms. "I'm here about the bell ringers job", he says. The priest says "The last guy with no arms didn't do so well." The little guy convinces the priest to give him a chance. So, they go up to the bell tower. The little guy takes off running at the bell and slams into it face first. The bell swings back and knocks the little guy out and down to the street. The priest runs down to find the same cop standing over the body. The cop asks the priest "Father, do you know this man?" The priest answers "No, but he's a dead ringer for the last guy."

My wife wasn't the least bit amused by that...
LMAO , excelent!

trekryder said:
Man, I'm glad someone else liked that joke. My wife thinks I'm the biggest idiot because I can't tell it without lmao.

At least you're not like my mother-in-law, she always starts telling a joke and ends up forgetting the punch line. It's so bad that my wife asks her if she remembers the punch line before she starts telling the joke. :rolleyes:

whackyscientist said:
trekryder

if you wife is with the majority, your wife thinks your an idiot, regardless of the joke or not.
Yeah, she definitely thinks I'm an idiot... :D

I liked that joke so much I posted that joke on the forum where I found this one:)

What was Jesus?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There were 3 good arguments that Jesus was Black:
>
> 1. He called everyone "brother."
>
> 2. He liked Gospel.
>
> 3. He couldn't get a fair trial.
>
>
>
> But then there were 3 equally good arguments that
> Jesus was Jewish:
>
> 1. He went into His Father's business.
>
> 2. He lived at home until he was 33.
>
> 3. He was sure his Mother was a virgin and his
> Mother was sure he was God.
>
>
>
> Jesus was Italian:
>
> 1. He talked with his hands.
>
> 2. He had wine with every meal.
>
> 3. He used olive oil.
>
>
>
> Jesus was Californian:
>
> 1. He never cut his hair.
>
> 2. He walked around barefoot all the time.
>
> 3. He started a new religion.
>
>
>
> Jesus was Irish:
>
> 1. He never got married.
>
> 2. He was always telling stories.
>