bell with compass?

marc_9

Guest
Sounds a bit trivial, but does anyone know where I could get one.
Preferably as small as possible. I tried glueing a compass to my bell
but did not look good and kept coming off.

marc_9 said:
Sounds a bit trivial, but does anyone know where I could get one.
Preferably as small as possible. I tried glueing a compass to my bell
but did not look good and kept coming off.
why this combo? understand that if you need just these 2 you wanna maximise available bar-space but it does seem wierd monuting a compass on something you are going to 'smack-about' all the time...

flyingdutch said:
why this combo? understand that if you need just these 2 you wanna maximise available bar-space but it does seem wierd monuting a compass on something you are going to 'smack-about' all the time...

why use the bell when saying 'Bike' is so much more effective? This way its at least useful as a compass, and still satisfies the legal requirement.

"marc_9" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sounds a bit trivial, but does anyone know where I could get one.
> Preferably as small as possible. I tried glueing a compass to my bell
> but did not look good and kept coming off.

LMFAO! This has gotta be troll......... :)

Like the smoke detector in my kitchen, the bell I ran on my commute rang all the time from just riding about (stairs, jumping gutters etc). SO I dropped it & now just shout out or go the grassy path 'round.

marc_9 said:
Sounds a bit trivial, but does anyone know where I could get one.
Preferably as small as possible. I tried glueing a compass to my bell
but did not look good and kept coming off.

My Ex had one of those 'bell with compass' things. Bell worked fine but the compass was useless. Get the one with the Eyeball instead. It couldn't be worse at showing directions!

"marc_9" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sounds a bit trivial, but does anyone know where I could get one.
> Preferably as small as possible. I tried glueing a compass to my bell
> but did not look good and kept coming off.

If you are serious, you can try an Australian Geographic shop they usually
have stuff like that. However, wouldn't you get a **** reading if it is
next to a steel bell or handle bar? Sounds like a great way to get lost.

Kevin

marc_9 wrote:

> Sounds a bit trivial, but does anyone know where I could get one.
> Preferably as small as possible. I tried glueing a compass to my bell
> but did not look good and kept coming off.

But seriously, they (whover* "they" may be) seem to make (bell with a
compass) 'em. Seen 'em in the same bargain boxes in LBS's all over the
world as the bells with floating bloodshot eyes and bells with floating
8-balls.

(The steel parts probably mess up the compass, tho.)

I'm sure I've seen them at Melbourne Bicycle Centres in Clifton Hill and
Prahran, if you really want to buy one.

***

ps: a loud bell is the mark of the enlightened bicycle commuter. Well,
that's in my stoopid opinion.

* don't get me started about "who" and "whom" %-P

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:35:22 -0700, marc_9 wrote:

> Sounds a bit trivial, but does anyone know where I could get one.
> Preferably as small as possible. I tried glueing a compass to my bell but
> did not look good and kept coming off.

We got some from the LBS at Tuggeragh (cycology(sp?)).

We successfully used one of these to navigate. It gets
quite confusing inside a city, following paths and canals and
what-not. The $8 bike-bell-compass worked a treat, and
saved us a few times.

-kt

--
Kingsley Turner,