Belles of belvoir

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by Veater, May 30, 2016.

1. Veater

Veater New Member

I don't know how many Brits there are here, but I was wondering if anyone was considering the Belles of Belvoir ride on June 5th? It's somewhere in the middle of Nottingham and Grantham, and a womens only event. You get a gift bag and there's drinks and refreshments. It's a 24 mile, 50 miles or 75 mile route (you choose).

It looks fun and the women who organise it seem to know their stuff.

Tags:
    briannagodess likes this.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

I'm not from the UK so I cannot join this event. But I've read about it online and it seems like a particularly nice cycling event. It's not competitive or anything... Just some women riding their bikes and having fun. You're welcome to time your ride though, if you want. You mentioned that there's food and drinks as well, so that's great.

The three routes consist of a 24 mile, 50 mile and a 75 mile. The last two involve lots of climbing as well so it's definitely a challenge. The 24 mile one is basically very simple and good for beginners or those who just want to ride and see scenic views.

I would also mention that the food offered in the event are all homemade. Yum! There's also medical personnel in case an accident occurs. There's also a massage therapist just in case the ride tires you out.

Veater likes this.