Bells.

half_pint

Guest
Currently my bell is on the left handside of the handle bars.
Would it be better on the right, with my rear gear changer?
My front gear changer (of two gears) is on the left.

I am right handed.

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 02:46:30 -0000, "half_pint" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Currently my bell is on the left handside of the handle bars.
>Would it be better on the right, with my rear gear changer?
>My front gear changer (of two gears) is on the left.

I can think of a much better place for it.

--
Dave...

Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. - Mark Twain

I have my bell on the downtube near the bottom bracket so that I can operate it with my foot. It is held in place by a Titanium p-clip which I ordered from a special builder in California. The trouble is that off road it gets clogged up with mud and the ring is more of a muffled tapping noise which is a problem when you have to alert cows, sheep etc to your presence. I have heard that there is an Italian company that manufactures special carbon fibre anti mud covers for just such a purpose - does anyone know the web site?

Thanks :p

I'm a newcomer but think that technical questions of this sort really belong in Tech corner. This forum is for subjects like top posting. By the way what is top posting ?:mad:

>I'm a newcomer but think that technical questions of this sort really
>belong in Tech corner. This forum is for subjects like top posting. By
>the way what is top posting ?:mad:

Welcome to Usenet. Cyclingforums does *not* run uk.rec.cycling urc has been
around for far longer thancyclingforums. Anyone with usenet access - comes with
the vast majority of ISPs - can post on to urc - you do not have to be signed
up to cyclingforums and its rules to access it. *Any* aspect of cycling is
appropriate for urc.

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

This is top posting.

tomjw wrote:
> I'm a newcomer but think that technical questions of this sort
> really belong in Tech corner. This forum is for subjects like top
> posting. By the way what is top posting ?:mad:

This a newsgroup on Usenet and is not part of cyclingforums. You are
simply using cyclingforums as a gateway to it. Technical questions do
belong here.

Top posting is explained here
<http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gey_stv0.htm>.

Trolling is explained here <http://www.urban75.com/Mag/troll.html>.

The post you responded to was not a genuine technical question but a
troll.

--
Dave...

Zog The Undeniable said:
This is top posting.

tomjw wrote:

> I'm a newcomer but think that technical questions of this sort really
> belong in Tech corner. This forum is for subjects like top posting. By
> the way what is top posting ?:mad:
Thanks very much.

in message <[email protected]>, tomjw
('[email protected]') wrote:

> I'm a newcomer but think that technical questions of this sort really
> belong in Tech corner. This forum is for subjects like top posting.

This is not a forum. This is not part of cycling forums, who are just a
bunch of cheap thieves hijacking other people's content. This is the
Usenet group, uk.rec.cycling, which is about cycling for recreation in
the UK, which means bells and their covers are on topic but bells and
their covers in California are not.

> By
> the way what is top posting ?:mad:

Top posting is putting the answer above the question, and, is, as you
say, mad. But not nearly as mad as responding without saying what it is
you're responding to.

;; An enamorata is for life, not just for weekends.

wrote:

>Currently my bell is on the left handside of the handle bars.
>Would it be better on the right, with my rear gear changer?
>My front gear changer (of two gears) is on the left.
>
>I am right handed.

Keep it as it is. Then you can ring the bell with your left hand
whilst massaging the penis on your forehead with your dominant hand.

Please do try to fall off at the same time.

--
Amazon: "If you are interested in 'Asimov's I-Robot',
you may also be interested in 'Garfield - The Movie'.

"half_pint" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Currently my bell is on the left handside of the handle bars.
> Would it be better on the right, with my rear gear changer?
> My front gear changer (of two gears) is on the left.
>
> I am right handed.

I was right, half-wit is a compliment: so is cretin.

Cretin would be a compliment to you.

news:[email protected]...