Beloki: "Armstrong isn't as strong as he was in the last few years..."

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Timbenz, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Timbenz

    Timbenz Guest

    While some of it is bluster, it seems that Joseba Beloki is seeing something in Armstrong's form,
    whether in the open-road peloton or the prologue. I can't wait until the mountains start -- I'm
    thinking this year is going to be very, very close.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=reu- challengersdc&prov=reuters&type=lgns

    Tags:

  2. TimBenz <[email protected]> schreef in berichtnieuws
    [email protected]
    > While some of it is bluster, it seems that Joseba Beloki is seeing something in Armstrong's form,
    > whether in the open-road peloton or the prologue. I can't wait until the mountains start -- I'm
    > thinking this year is going to be very, very close.
    >
    > http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=reu- challengersdc&prov=reuters&type=lgns

    Armstrong may be slightly less powerful than previous years, his team is looking much better this
    time. Ofcourse, he will win anyway; I don't think his condition is so reduced he won't be able to
    climb like he has done in the past. The time difference might be less this year.

  3. Nev Shea

    Nev Shea Guest

    TimBenz <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > While some of it is bluster, it seems that Joseba Beloki is seeing something in Armstrong's form,
    > whether in the open-road peloton or the prologue. I can't wait until the mountains start -- I'm
    > thinking this year is going to be very, very close.
    >
    > http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=reu- challengersdc&prov=reuters&type=lgns

    Beloki is optimistic that he will loose to Armstrong by less than 7 minutes this year.

    Actually, Beloki is probably just repeating part of a pep talk from his idiot DS.

    NS

  4. Nev Shea

    Nev Shea Guest

    TimBenz <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > While some of it is bluster, it seems that Joseba Beloki is seeing something in Armstrong's form,
    > whether in the open-road peloton or the prologue. I can't wait until the mountains start -- I'm
    > thinking this year is going to be very, very close.
    >
    > http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=reu- challengersdc&prov=reuters&type=lgns

    Beloki is optimistic that he will lose to Armstrong by less than 7 minutes this year.

  5. On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:50:22 +0000, TimBenz wrote:

    > While some of it is bluster, it seems that Joseba Beloki is seeing something in Armstrong's form,
    > whether in the open-road peloton or the prologue. I can't wait until the mountains start -- I'm
    > thinking this year is going to be very, very close.

    Nope, according to a report in Het Nieuwsblast this morning, attributed to unnamed but reliable
    sources, the Posties have a secret psychomotor strimulant.

    According to Het Nieuwsblast, if the Posties team leader should falter on the Cols, they have
    arranged for Tiler Shambleton to switch jerseys quick like and ride past the team leader shouting
    "Go Lance, Go".

    Acccording to the Het Nieuwsblast source, the graphics on the jersey depict a Jean Delatour rider in
    a Maillot Jaune throwing a leg over Kirsten whilst the rest of the squad stand in line awaiting
    their turn.

  6. Art Harris

    Art Harris Guest

    TimBenz <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > While some of it is bluster, it seems that Joseba Beloki is seeing something in Armstrong's form,
    > whether in the open-road peloton or the prologue. I can't wait until the mountains start -- I'm
    > thinking this year is going to be very, very close.
    >
    > http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=reu- challengersdc&prov=reuters&type=lgns

    Let's see what Beloki says after Sunday's l'Alpe d'Huez stage.

    Art Harris

  7. Zeno

    Zeno Guest

    Art Harris wrote:
    > TimBenz <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>While some of it is bluster, it seems that Joseba Beloki is seeing something in Armstrong's form,
    >>whether in the open-road peloton or the prologue. I can't wait until the mountains start -- I'm
    >>thinking this year is going to be very, very close.
    >>
    >>http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=reu- challengersdc&prov=reuters&type=lgns
    >

    > Let's see what Beloki says after Sunday's l'Alpe d'Huez stage.
    >
    > Art Harris

    "No mas!"

    ZENO

  8. Charlie C.

    Charlie C. Guest

    TimBenz <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > While some of it is bluster, it seems that Joseba Beloki is seeing something in Armstrong's form,
    > whether in the open-road peloton or the prologue. I can't wait until the mountains start -- I'm
    > thinking this year is going to be very, very close.

    Remember a couple of tours ago when Lance was bluffing about his form? They said he'd never get away
    with it again. I hope he's bluffing as it would really make Beloki look like a chump when he gets
    burned in the Mountains. Go Jan and go Lance.

  9. Brian P

    Brian P Guest

    Wasn't Beloki chirping the same tune last year?

    Why would you open your mouth when all you did was get your ass kicked in the mountains last year.
    Wasn't it Beloki who conceded that he did not know Lance had the extra gear at that mountain
    finishes? Shut up and ride.

    "TimBenz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > While some of it is bluster, it seems that Joseba Beloki is seeing something in Armstrong's form,
    > whether in the open-road peloton or the prologue. I can't wait until the mountains start -- I'm
    > thinking this year is going to be very, very close.
    >
    > http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=reu- challengersdc&prov=reuters&type=lgns

  10. R15757

    R15757 Guest

    Beloki was the only rider who actually raced Armstrong last year. Everybody else ran away
    like a bitch.