Beloki would have fit right in...

mattp71

May 23, 2004
With all the other so called 'tour contenders' that forgot to pedal there bikes in June when they saw Armstrong lose 2 minutes on the Ventoux TT. Lance sandbagged that TT, and it worked brilliantly. Too brilliantly.

Next year the society of the tour will make Lance ride the tour on a unicycle, and even then he would probably find a way to win.

Beloki should have showed up, ran his mouth like the others, get dropped on all the mountains, then go home after they fall an hour behind on gc.

mattp71 said:
With all the other so called 'tour contenders' that forgot to pedal there bikes in June when they saw Armstrong lose 2 minutes on the Ventoux TT. Lance sandbagged that TT, and it worked brilliantly. Too brilliantly.

Next year the society of the tour will make Lance ride the tour on a unicycle, and even then he would probably find a way to win.

Beloki should have showed up, ran his mouth like the others, get dropped on all the mountains, then go home after they fall an hour behind on gc.
beloki has just signed for saunier duval team

mattp71 said:

My God, another ignorant. Beloki nave has had a bad word about Armstrong. He didn't show up in this year's TdF, simply because he did not have time to recover in time from his crash in the 2003 TdF. So you should keep your mouth shut my friend.

keydates said:
Aww, he's just trying to get attention.
well, to be honest he didnt ride the tour because he has asthma and his team didnt let him to use a madicament against it
i dont know why beloki cant use medication against asthma and armstrong can against cancer

Miguel_garcia83 said:
well, to be honest he didnt ride the tour because he has asthma and his team didnt let him to use a madicament against it
i dont know why beloki cant use medication against asthma and armstrong can against cancer

Because LA used the medication for cancer BEFORE he resumed cycling, and not DURING the applicable race.

Because there is a range of asthma medication, but LA's cancerS (there were multiple) were so advanced that he needed experimental drugs in order to both try to battle cancer and not permanently undermine LA's ability to be a cylist.

Because LA did not have a team (like BLB) that decided LA should not be taking the applicable medication. In fact, LA had just signed with Cofidis when he learned he had testicular and other cancers, and Cofidis never onece suggested LA shouldn't be taking his life-saving cancer medication.

Because cancer is not a condition (like asthma) that doping cyclists sometimes claim they have.

musette said:
Because LA used the medication for cancer BEFORE he resumed cycling, and not DURING the applicable race.

Because there is a range of asthma medication, but LA's cancerS (there were multiple) were so advanced that he needed experimental drugs in order to both try to battle cancer and not permanently undermine LA's ability to be a cylist.

Because LA did not have a team (like BLB) that decided LA should not be taking the applicable medication. In fact, LA had just signed with Cofidis when he learned he had testicular and other cancers, and Cofidis never onece suggested LA shouldn't be taking his life-saving cancer medication.

Because cancer is not a condition (like asthma) that doping cyclists sometimes claim they have.
beloki had the permission of UCI to take ventolin, but maybe you are right, maybe he was pretending to have asthma, after all maybe armstrong was pretending about all the cancer thing too

It was Beloki's team BLB that did not let him take the asthma medication. That it was indicated to be alright by the UCI does not mean the team didn't have that choice to decide what its riders should be permitted to use or not. :)

musette said:
It was Beloki's team BLB that did not let him take the asthma medication. That it was indicated to be alright by the UCI does not mean the team didn't have that choice to decide what its riders should be permitted to use or not. :)
the regulation in france is a bit special about this, thats why la boulangere couldnt give it to him, and thats why le tour didnt want him nor igor gonzález ride in le tour although they had the permission of UCI

Miguel_garcia83 said:
the regulation in france is a bit special about this, thats why la boulangere couldnt give it to him, and thats why le tour didnt want him nor igor gonzález ride in le tour although they had the permission of UCI

So BLB should have gone against French regulations and the Tour's desires? How persuasive an argument. :D

Miguel_garcia83 said:
no they didnt, thats why beloki left la boulangere

Exactly. :) But the reason that Beloki is not in this year's TdF is, frankly, more than the asthma medication issue. He hadn't fully recovered and gotten back to form, after his crash from last year. :) He was also worried about BLB's participation/resources relating to the upcoming Pro tour.

musette said:
Exactly. :) But the reason that Beloki is not in this year's TdF is, frankly, more than the asthma medication issue. He hadn't fully recovered and gotten back to form, after his crash from last year. :) He was also worried about BLB's participation/resources relating to the upcoming Pro tour.
if he had got his level of 2003 back, and according to the "parcours", we would have had a fantastic tour, because beloki had turned into an offensive rider, i am sure he would have been at least 2nd

Yes I will keep my mouth shut as soon as the spanish people quit learning to just run there mouth and pedal. When the spanish actually start doing something in the tour, rather than saying they will do something in the tour then they will get the respect they need.

Heras, Mayo, Zubelia, thanks for the laughs! Especially Mayo, you see him almost crying on the mountain stage? If I remember correctly I seem to recall Beloki crying on a mountain stage when he couldn't go a few years ago. Crying on a bike...again, thanks for the laughs!

sopas said:
My God, another ignorant. Beloki nave has had a bad word about Armstrong. He didn't show up in this year's TdF, simply because he did not have time to recover in time from his crash in the 2003 TdF. So you should keep your mouth shut my friend.
i thought it was because he had an arguement with his team brioches la boulangere after they didnt let him use an asthma medicine and was so angry that his sponsor was pulling out in december from a journalist and not the team management .

he had a frantic search for a new team but with no luck:mad:

[QUOTE= In fact, LA had just signed with Cofidis when he learned he had testicular and other cancers, and Cofidis never onece suggested LA shouldn't be taking his life-saving cancer medication.

i thought that after the cancer he wanted to join confidis but they wanted nothing to do with him as they thought it was like floggin a dead horse
thats what it says in his book

Miguel_garcia83 said:
beloki had the permission of UCI to take ventolin, but maybe you are right, maybe he was pretending to have asthma, after all maybe armstrong was pretending about all the cancer thing too
thats jus ignorant he quite clearly had cancer!
weve seen the pics heard the story from doctors and experts points of view

beloki may have been pretending with the asthma yes but we dont know so we shouldnt condem him

wheresullrich? said:
In fact said:
Negative. He had just signed the contract with Cofidis, never even raced his first race before he became very ill. Some sections of the book are hard to follow, you have to re-read it again. You are talking about, "It's not about the bike", right?

mattp71 said:
Yes I will keep my mouth shut as soon as the spanish people quit learning to just run there mouth and pedal. When the spanish actually start doing something in the tour, rather than saying they will do something in the tour then they will get the respect they need.

Heras, Mayo, Zubelia, thanks for the laughs! Especially Mayo, you see him almost crying on the mountain stage? If I remember correctly I seem to recall Beloki crying on a mountain stage when he couldn't go a few years ago. Crying on a bike...again, thanks for the laughs!
Your words say more about yourself than about the Spanish riders. For your information Spanish riders already had won the TdF a couple of times even before you knew what the race was all about. The TdF was not born on 1999!!!!