Beltran, Castelblanco, Hamburger 99TdF Positives

If you read the cyclingnews interview with Damion Ressiot: it is allready known in the cycling world. But L'equipe didn't want to publish those names.....

CN: But the names of the four riders tested at the prologue 1999 are no secret.

DR: Yes, that's true. If you take the book L.A. Confidentiel, on page 202, the names of the riders that were tested after the prologue are listed. [Cyclingnews knows of at least one other source which would also reveal those rider's names.] But I don't want to take the responsibility of publishing them because, on the lab results table, there are very technical remarks added to one of the prologue samples, which also tested positive but where some sort of reservations were made by the lab director. So we decided not to publish those names, as we'd need the original 1999 protocols to identify which sample belonged to whom. But the concerns of the lab director weren't directed at Armstrong's sample.

hombredesubaru said:
Also allegedly positive at 99 Tour
thanks to the French press for further leaking UCI confidential info...
in Le Dimanche this morning

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s18/e7203/sport_lng0_spo18_evt7203_sto764220.shtml

Beltran denies Tour doping accusations

big_md-i158259.jpg
</IMG>
Manuel Beltran has rejected accusations that he took a performance-enhancing drug on the 1999 Tour de France and says he is considering legal action. "I have been accused of something without having being given any means in return of demonstrating my innocence," the 34-year-old said on Sunday.

</IMG> Mystery 1999 EPO riders outed
"My rights to the presumption of innocence have been abused," a communique to Spanish news agency EFE said.

"In my long career as a professional, I've collaborated whenever I've been asked to fight against doping," Beltran added.

"Together with other cyclists, quite apart from all the urine and blood tests I have done in and out of competition, I'm financing part of the fight against doping by giving a percentage of my prize money to that end."

Beltran was accused of doping in the 1999 Tour, apparently using the drug EPO, by French Sunday newspaper Le Journal De Dimanche.

The same accusation of EPO use in the 1999 Tour was made on August 23 by L'Equipe newspaper of seven-times Tour winner Lance Armstrong, who has also strongly denied the accusations.

Beltran has criticised various institutions, amongst them the International Cycling Union and the World Anti-Doping agency, for "allowing this situation to happen".

In 1999, Beltran was riding for the now defunct Spanish team Banesto. He abandoned the Tour. The most important victory of his career came that same year at the Tour of Catalonia.

Now part of Armstrong's team, Discovery Channel, Beltran abandoned the 2005 Tour of Spain on stage 13 with injuries.

shim.gif
</IMG>Reuters - 11/09/2005

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s18/e7203/sport_lng0_spo18_evt7203_sto764502.shtml

hombredesubaru said:
thanks to the French press for further leaking UCI confidential info...

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s18/e7203/sport_lng0_spo18_evt7203_sto764220.shtml

Right, it's best that we keep the cheating secret. Helps everyone sleep better at night.

In any case, Lance fans can take heart that Beltran was teammates with previously positive doper Alex Zulle in 1999. As Zulle took 2nd, Lance fans can always argue that Zulle was probably doped up too.

While I'm on this topic, what this forum really needs is not a seperate doping forum, but a seperate Lance forum.

No, it needs a separate 'accuse riders of doping based on faulty information' forum.

While it's not much help to the riders, at least Ressiot and company are being a bit more democratic about their accusations... albeit after considerable public pressure...

tcklyde said:
Right, it's best that we keep the cheating secret. Helps everyone sleep better at night.

In any case, Lance fans can take heart that Beltran was teammates with previously positive doper Alex Zulle in 1999. As Zulle took 2nd, Lance fans can always argue that Zulle was probably doped up too.

While I'm on this topic, what this forum really needs is not a seperate doping forum, but a seperate Lance forum.

Ullefan said:

big_md-i158259.jpg
</IMG>
Manuel Beltran has rejected accusations that he took a performance-enhancing drug on the 1999 Tour de France and says he is considering legal action. "I have been accused of something without having being given any means in return of demonstrating my innocence," the 34-year-old said on Sunday.

"My rights to the presumption of innocence have been abused," a communique to Spanish news agency EFE said.

"In my long career as a professional, I've collaborated whenever I've been asked to fight against doping," Beltran added.

"Together with other cyclists, quite apart from all the urine and blood tests I have done in and out of competition, I'm financing part of the fight against doping by giving a percentage of my prize money to that end."

Beltran was accused of doping in the 1999 Tour, apparently using the drug EPO, by French Sunday newspaper Le Journal De Dimanche.

The same accusation of EPO use in the 1999 Tour was made on August 23 by L'Equipe newspaper of seven-times Tour winner Lance Armstrong, who has also strongly denied the accusations.

Beltran has criticised various institutions, amongst them the International Cycling Union and the World Anti-Doping agency, for "allowing this situation to happen".

In 1999, Beltran was riding for the now defunct Spanish team Banesto. He abandoned the Tour. The most important victory of his career came that same year at the Tour of Catalonia.

Now part of Armstrong's team, Discovery Channel, Beltran abandoned the 2005 Tour of Spain on stage 13 with injuries.

shim.gif

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s18/e7203/sport_lng0_spo18_evt7203_sto764502.shtml
trr

Ullefan said:

big_md-i158259.jpg
</IMG>

shim.gif

ffdss

Ullefan said:

big_md-i158259.jpg
</IMG>

shim.gif

rree

Ullefan said:

big_md-i158259.jpg
</IMG>

shim.gif

ewwww

Ullefan said:

big_md-i158259.jpg
</IMG>

shim.gif

eerr

Elvis is alive, Atlantis exists, the earth is flat, there are still clean cyclists....

Yes they are still clean cyclists but not everywhere...
http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/breves2008/20081217_195637_franke-felicite-la-france.html

Famous expert of the fight antidopage in Germany, Werner Franke incited the persons in charge of his country to follow l' example of France which has, according to him, adopted an effective legislative arsenal to fight doping in the sport. “In France, there are several laws which are well formulated and which is applied. They are much clearer and more effective than those which are in hand in Germany”, explained Franke in a maintenance with Internet site t-mobile.de. “It is interesting to note qu' it n' there almost no French cyclist in the ten first of the Tour de France has these last years, still underlines Franke. The French teams are in withdrawal, that shows that the fight antidopage is taken more with serious and qu' one obtained results.” Franke preserves the same reasoning lorsqu' it evokes l' Spain. “Over there, nothing n' is made, explains it. When the d' number is seen; Spaniards in the 20 first of last the Tour de France, that known as many things on the quality of the fight against doping in Spain.”

poulidor said:
Yes they are still clean cyclists but not everywhere...
http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/breves2008/20081217_195637_franke-felicite-la-france.html

Famous expert of the fight antidopage in Germany, Werner Franke incited the persons in charge of his country to follow l' example of France which has, according to him, adopted an effective legislative arsenal to fight doping in the sport. “In France, there are several laws which are well formulated and which is applied. They are much clearer and more effective than those which are in hand in Germany”, explained Franke in a maintenance with Internet site t-mobile.de. “It is interesting to note qu' it n' there almost no French cyclist in the ten first of the Tour de France has these last years, still underlines Franke. The French teams are in withdrawal, that shows that the fight antidopage is taken more with serious and qu' one obtained results.” Franke preserves the same reasoning lorsqu' it evokes l' Spain. “Over there, nothing n' is made, explains it. When the d' number is seen; Spaniards in the 20 first of last the Tour de France, that known as many things on the quality of the fight against doping in Spain.”

One of two things is true - french cyclists suck because they're clean or they just suck...either way...

MJtje said:
If you read the cyclingnews interview with Damion Ressiot: it is allready known in the cycling world. But L'equipe didn't want to publish those names.....

DR: Yes, that's true. If you take the book L.A. Confidentiel, on page 202, the names of the riders that were tested after the prologue are listed. [Cyclingnews knows of at least one other source which would also reveal those rider's names.] But I don't want to take the responsibility of publishing them because, on the lab results table, there are very technical remarks added to one of the prologue samples, which also tested positive but where some sort of reservations were made by the lab director. So we decided not to publish those names, as we'd need the original 1999 protocols to identify which sample belonged to whom. But the concerns of the lab director weren't directed at Armstrong's sample.
eeww

MJtje said:

wwee

MJtje said:

ddff