Beltran to stay at USPS-BF?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ignatz Q. Mouse, Aug 2, 2003.

  1. Interesting bit on CN, seems "Triki" Belran enjoyed (who wouldn't?) working on the team of the
    Maillot Jaune and looks forward to contributing to the same effort in 2004.

    I was only aware he was signed through the end of the season. Such talent I expect Postal will
    be hard put to retain as other teams have, no doubt Bianchi among them, taken notice. Also, when
    are Rubiera's and Heras' contracts up, this year? Rubiera looks like he'd be a contender on
    another team.

    Any ideas how happy these guys are to stay put? Considering the money and reward of the Tour prize
    (with added sweetening) split, could be they're not looking to stray.

    Just some idle thoughts and fretting until Vuelta a Burgos comes around.

    Tags:

  2. Mack Mad

    Mack Mad Guest

    "Ignatz Q. Mouse" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Interesting bit on CN, seems "Triki" Belran enjoyed (who wouldn't?) working on the team of the
    > Maillot Jaune and looks forward to contributing to the same effort in 2004.
    >
    > I was only aware he was signed through the end of the season. Such talent I expect Postal will
    > be hard put to retain as other teams have, no doubt Bianchi among them, taken notice. Also, when
    > are Rubiera's and Heras' contracts up, this year? Rubiera looks like he'd be a contender on
    > another team.
    >
    > Any ideas how happy these guys are to stay put? Considering the money and reward of the Tour prize
    > (with added sweetening) split, could be they're not looking to stray.
    >
    > Just some idle thoughts and fretting until Vuelta a Burgos comes around.

    I know Rubiera and Heras are signed through the end of 2004, don't know about Beltran.

  3. Mack Mad wrote:
    > "Ignatz Q. Mouse" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Interesting bit on CN, seems "Triki" Belran enjoyed (who wouldn't?) working on the team of the
    >>Maillot Jaune and looks forward to contributing to the same effort in 2004.
    >>
    >>I was only aware he was signed through the end of the season. Such talent I expect Postal will
    >>be hard put to retain as other teams have, no doubt Bianchi among them, taken notice. Also, when
    >>are Rubiera's and Heras' contracts up, this year? Rubiera looks like he'd be a contender on
    >>another team.
    >>
    >>Any ideas how happy these guys are to stay put? Considering the money and reward of the Tour prize
    >>(with added sweetening) split, could be they're not looking to stray.
    >>
    >>Just some idle thoughts and fretting until Vuelta a Burgos comes around.
    >>

    > I know Rubiera and Heras are signed through the end of 2004, don't know about Beltran.

    Didn't know that. I see on CN today that Beltran is now signed through 2004, guess he wasn't kidding
    about that 'gregario' remark. ("I will be a 'gregario' of a special caliber") Indeed he is.

    I knew Heras had a long contract, but thought it was 2001-2003, Rubiera I dunno about, but would
    really hate to see him go. The guy's an uphill diesel.