Ben Nevis-Scar Fell-Snowdon

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cliff

We are doing the above over a week in August. My slightly over enthusiastic friend is going to climb
the mountains aswell???

Has anyone any advice as to the best way to get throgh the Liverpool Area to North Wales. Is there a
Tunnel for Cylists under the Mersey? Would there be any problems taking the bikes on the Mersey
ferry and would this be an option?

Any other advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Cliff

Keep the wind on your back, the sun on your face and cast all your shadows behind you.

Cliff wrote:
> We are doing the above over a week in August. My slightly over enthusiastic friend is going to
> climb the mountains aswell???
>
> Has anyone any advice as to the best way to get throgh the Liverpool Area to North Wales. Is there
> a Tunnel for Cylists under the Mersey? Would there be any problems taking the bikes on the Mersey
> ferry and would this be an option?
>
> Any other advice would be welcome.
>
> Thanks
>
> Cliff
>
> Keep the wind on your back, the sun on your face and cast all your shadows behind you.
>
>
>

I rode from North Wales to Lancashire as part of my summer holiday trip last year. From Chester I
took the Sustrans' route, which was the usual mix of tracks, towpath and minor roads with a tour of
the council estates of the Wirral as an extra! There was no problem taking the bikes on the ferry.

I did not crack a route through Liverpool although by this stage I was more interested in reaching
my destination than finding a pleasant route. There is the Trans Pennine trail which runs into
Liverpool from around the Southport area

Have a good trip. Sounds fun. ANd what is mad about doing the mountains as well!

David

Status
Not open for further replies.