Benefit Ride on the Monarch Crest Trail - September 7

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Tom Purvis, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Tom Purvis

    Tom Purvis Guest

    The 5th annual Crest Crank Ride to End Domestic Violence is a benefit for Alliance Against Domestic
    Abuse happening September 7, 2003. It's a great event for a great cause. The entry fee is a set of
    pledges (hit up your co-workers ;)

    The minimum contribution is $50. The ride features a free shuttle (can cost $20 to buy shuttle
    service) and there's a party at the end with food, beer, and prizes.

    For more info check here:

    http://www.arkansasvalley.net/CrestCrank/

    This is a really fun way to ride the Crest.
    --
    Tom Purvis - http://www.arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/

    Tags:

  2. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (Tom Purvis) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > The 5th annual Crest Crank Ride to End Domestic Violence is a benefit for Alliance Against
    > Domestic Abuse happening September 7, 2003. It's a great event for a great cause. The entry fee is
    > a set of pledges (hit up your co-workers ;)
    >
    > The minimum contribution is $50. The ride features a free shuttle (can cost $20 to buy shuttle
    > service) and there's a party at the end with food, beer, and prizes.
    >
    > For more info check here:
    >
    > http://www.arkansasvalley.net/CrestCrank/
    >
    > This is a really fun way to ride the Crest.

    I find it ironic how "Crank" is used in the title of this event, being that crank (methamphetamine)
    is a common contributing factor to domestic abuse in Colorado. If that's not a pun intended, the
    alliance might want to rethink the name of their event.

    JD

  3. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > [email protected] (Tom Purvis) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > The 5th annual Crest Crank Ride to End Domestic Violence is a benefit for Alliance Against
    > > Domestic Abuse happening September 7, 2003. It's a great event for a great cause. The entry fee
    > > is a set of pledges (hit up your co-workers ;)
    > >
    > > The minimum contribution is $50. The ride features a free shuttle (can cost $20 to buy shuttle
    > > service) and there's a party at the end with food, beer, and prizes.
    > >
    > > For more info check here:
    > >
    > > http://www.arkansasvalley.net/CrestCrank/
    > >
    > > This is a really fun way to ride the Crest.
    >
    > I find it ironic how "Crank" is used in the title of this event, being that crank
    > (methamphetamine) is a common contributing factor to domestic abuse in Colorado. If that's not a
    > pun intended, the alliance might want to rethink the name of their event.

    FWIW, I just heard that the U of CO won this year's "top party school" honors.

    Bill "has nothin' to do with nothin' but threw it in anyway" S.

  4. Tom Purvis

    Tom Purvis Guest

    [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    > [email protected] (Tom Purvis) wrote:
    > > The 5th annual Crest Crank Ride to End Domestic Violence is a benefit for Alliance Against
    > > Domestic Abuse...

    > I find it ironic how "Crank" is used in the title of this event, being that crank
    > (methamphetamine) is a common contributing factor to domestic abuse in Colorado. If that's not a
    > pun intended, the alliance might want to rethink the name of their event.

    Gosh, you're right JD. If we continue calling it the "Crest Crank", we'll actually be promoting the
    use of Meth. I betcha the reason that there's a problem with Meth in Colorado, even the USA right
    now is because these folks have been calling their benefit ride the "Crest Crank".

    SHEESH! That's embarrassing! Trying to do some good, and they inadvertantly CAUSED people who
    wouldn't otherwise do drugs to do METH! Wow, thanks for pointing that out.

    How about this, how about if we start calling it "The Crest Crystal"
    --
    Tom "nice quartz quarry up there in near Marshall Pass" Purvis

  5. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (Tom Purvis) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    > > [email protected] (Tom Purvis) wrote:
    > > > The 5th annual Crest Crank Ride to End Domestic Violence is a benefit for Alliance Against
    > > > Domestic Abuse...
    >
    > > I find it ironic how "Crank" is used in the title of this event, being that crank
    > > (methamphetamine) is a common contributing factor to domestic abuse in Colorado. If that's not a
    > > pun intended, the alliance might want to rethink the name of their event.
    >
    > Gosh, you're right JD. If we continue calling it the "Crest Crank", we'll actually be promoting
    > the use of Meth. I betcha the reason that there's a problem with Meth in Colorado, even the USA
    > right now is because these folks have been calling their benefit ride the "Crest Crank".
    >
    > SHEESH! That's embarrassing! Trying to do some good, and they inadvertantly CAUSED people who
    > wouldn't otherwise do drugs to do METH! Wow, thanks for pointing that out.
    >
    > How about this, how about if we start calling it "The Crest Crystal"

    Nope because Crystal is already near Marble.

    JD