Benefits of walking for the heart?

George

Guest
Can someone give me some specific information on the benefits of
walking say 1/4 to 1/2 mile per day (early evening...after dinner) for
a person with existing heart problems?

I will add that the doctor has suggested this routine but I'd like to
know what, if any, are the proven benefits.

Thanks.

George,

The issue of how much exercise to prescribe for heart disease is
complex. If you want to second guess your doc, I suggest searching
www.medscape.com If you want a layman's version, try the AHA
http://www.americanheart.org/ In a nutshell use it or lose it.
"Existing heart problems" is too general to give you an answer.