Bent Bike-Bra

Hmmm...heavyweight lycra and covers my bar ends -- I think I'm already wearing something like that.

C.C.

> From: bg <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent Date: Wed, 21 May 2003
> 10:35:41 -0500 Subject: Bent Bike-Bra
>
> Anybody ever seen a bike bra for bents like this DF one at Colorado Cyclist?
> http://tinyurl.com/cb4e thanks, bill g

Gee Bill...a bra? Oh well. How are you doing? What wheelset did you finally get to replace the
unfortunate originals? Did you bite on the Zipps? The wind had died down here so I've been riding
the HED Disk/HED3 combo most days. However, the hills are a callin' and I want a new set of lighter
wheels to go with my lighter body.

Inc 1-800-586-6645 "bg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Anybody ever seen a bike bra for bents like this DF one at Colorado Cyclist?
> http://tinyurl.com/cb4e thanks, bill g

Hi CC, How are ya?

Inc 1-800-586-6645 "Carol Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BAF11D8B.4BF77%[email protected]...
> Hmmm...heavyweight lycra and covers my bar ends -- I think I'm already wearing something
> like that.
>
> C.C.
>
> > From: bg <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent Date: Wed, 21 May 2003
> > 10:35:41 -0500 Subject: Bent Bike-Bra
> >
> > Anybody ever seen a bike bra for bents like this DF one at Colorado Cyclist?
> > http://tinyurl.com/cb4e thanks, bill g

Carol, Are your "bar ends" Grip Shift compatible? How many speeds ;-) bg

Carol Cohen wrote:

> Hmmm...heavyweight lycra and covers my bar ends -- I think I'm already wearing something
> like that.
>
> C.C.
>
> > From: bg <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent Date: Wed, 21 May 2003
> > 10:35:41 -0500 Subject: Bent Bike-Bra
> >
> > Anybody ever seen a bike bra for bents like this DF one at Colorado Cyclist?
> > http://tinyurl.com/cb4e thanks, bill g

Jude, Bra's can be fun. They remind me of Christmas morning when I was a kid. You'd never know what
was gonna pop up when you pulled the ribbon. But I digress... I initially got some Nimble Spiders
http://www.nimble.net/ Low profile for less crosswind effect and enhanced acceleration, and pretty
aero. They were really well made. Plus they arrived ready to put a tire on and go. However, I ended
up with 28 spokes because the rim is so shallow so they were, IMO, slower than the Spartici though
they were lighter. So I got some Zipp 303's. They are pretty light (1280g/pair ,16X20) even with
bladed spokes. They arrived w/o rim tape and with machining debris in the tube holes and I cut
several tubes even with rim tape before I got that ciphered. They really seem to be a good balance
of weight and aero. bill g

"Jude T. McGloin" wrote:

> Gee Bill...a bra? Oh well. How are you doing? What wheelset did you finally get to replace the
> unfortunate originals? Did you bite on the Zipps? The wind had died down here so I've been riding
> the HED Disk/HED3 combo most days. However, the hills are a callin' and I want a new set of
> lighter wheels to go with my lighter body.
>
> --
> Jude....///Bacchetta AERO St. Michaels and Tilghman Island.. Maryland Wheel Doctor Cycle and
> Sports, Inc 1-800-586-6645 "bg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Anybody ever seen a bike bra for bents like this DF one at Colorado Cyclist?
> > http://tinyurl.com/cb4e thanks, bill g

1280 a pair is pretty darn lite. I'm looking for somthing in the 12/13 area. The new Alex 320s in
571 go 1400 and for the price their a bargain. I still run the Sparts but have been riding the
HEDdisk/HED3 combo as of late. Gettin' much riding in...the weather there appears to have been as
foul as it has been here.

Inc 1-800-586-6645 "a&b" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jude, Bra's can be fun. They remind me of Christmas morning when I was a kid. You'd never know
> what was gonna pop up when you pulled the ribbon. But I digress... I initially got some Nimble
> Spiders http://www.nimble.net/ Low profile for less crosswind effect and enhanced acceleration,
> and pretty aero. They were really well made. Plus they arrived ready to put a tire on and go.
> However, I ended up with 28 spokes because the rim is so shallow so they were, IMO, slower than
> the Spartici though they were lighter. So I got some Zipp 303's. They are pretty light (1280g/pair
> ,16X20) even with bladed spokes. They arrived w/o rim tape and with machining debris in the tube
> holes and I cut several tubes even with rim tape before I got that ciphered. They really seem to
> be a good balance of weight and aero. bill g
>

> "Jude T. McGloin" wrote:
> >
> > Gee Bill...a bra? Oh well. How are you doing? What wheelset did you
finally
> > get to replace the unfortunate originals? Did you bite on the Zipps? The wind had died down here
> > so I've been riding the HED Disk/HED3 combo most days. However, the hills are a callin' and I
> > want a new set of lighter wheels to go with my lighter body.
> >
> > --
> > Jude....///Bacchetta AERO St. Michaels and Tilghman Island.. Maryland Wheel Doctor Cycle and
> > Sports, Inc 1-800-586-6645 "bg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Anybody ever seen a bike bra for bents like this DF one at Colorado Cyclist?
> > > http://tinyurl.com/cb4e thanks, bill g

Jude, Overall I think the weight thing is mostly folderol. (is that haiku ;-), but I can't ignore it
cause we have some lumpy routes hereabouts. To a point. What I mean is there are so many variables.
Road surface, side winds, grade. I think the HED disk would beat me up on the roads we usually ride,
but would be a a hoot on smooth stuff. Anyway, the Zipps hit the middle of comfort and speed. bill g

"Jude T. McGloin" wrote:

> 1280 a pair is pretty darn lite. I'm looking for somthing in the 12/13 area. The new Alex 320s in
> 571 go 1400 and for the price their a bargain. I still run the Sparts but have been riding the
> HEDdisk/HED3 combo as of late. Gettin' much riding in...the weather there appears to have been as
> foul as it has been here.
>
> --
> Jude....///Bacchetta AERO St. Michaels and Tilghman Island.. Maryland Wheel Doctor Cycle and
> Sports, Inc 1-800-586-6645 "a&b" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Jude, Bra's can be fun. They remind me of Christmas morning when I was a kid. You'd never know
> > what was gonna pop up when you pulled the ribbon. But I digress... I initially got some Nimble
> > Spiders http://www.nimble.net/ Low profile for less crosswind effect and enhanced acceleration,
> > and pretty aero. They were really well made. Plus they arrived ready to put a tire on and go.
> > However, I ended up with 28 spokes because the rim is so shallow so they were, IMO, slower than
> > the Spartici though they were lighter. So I got some Zipp 303's. They are pretty light
> > (1280g/pair ,16X20) even with bladed spokes. They arrived w/o rim tape and with machining debris
> > in the tube holes and I cut several tubes even with rim tape before I got that ciphered. They
> > really seem to be a good balance of weight and aero. bill g
> >

> > "Jude T. McGloin" wrote:
> > >
> > > Gee Bill...a bra? Oh well. How are you doing? What wheelset did you
> finally
> > > get to replace the unfortunate originals? Did you bite on the Zipps? The wind had died down
> > > here so I've been riding the HED Disk/HED3 combo most days. However, the hills are a callin'
> > > and I want a new set of lighter wheels to go with my lighter body.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jude....///Bacchetta AERO St. Michaels and Tilghman Island.. Maryland Wheel Doctor Cycle and
> > > Sports, Inc 1-800-586-6645 "bg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

HEDS are sure cool lookin', but they will beat you up on some road surfaces. Sid winds, so far have
not been a problem. I don't ride em' on windy days. I gotta gave cool since I'n a cool dude. (barf
now) So anyway my AERO now sports the SRAM XO deraileur and shifter set. Their CF accents (fake)
look, well..... cool! They shift great and should I visit you I'll have a few more gears for the
silly things...what do you call them...oh yea? mountains? While I'm really not a "Gramcracker" I
can't see pedaling anymore weight around then I have to. So I'm dieting rather unsuccessfully. Sooo
the only alternative is bent weight reduction. Additionaly, If I don't ride more I be buying a motor
also. Aluminum, CF and ti of course.

Cheers not beers!

I'm in the process of specing out a STRADA Tour model...again. It will have a 26" Kinesis
Lite Aluminium fork, beefy wheelset possibly Deore/Rhynolite/DT a 52/42/28 11/32, underseat
pannier and rear rack of some sort. I hope to do some more PM Corsa's also.

Inc 1-800-586-6645 "a&b" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jude, Overall I think the weight thing is mostly folderol. (is that haiku ;-), but I can't ignore
> it cause we have some lumpy routes hereabouts. To a point. What I mean is there are so many
> variables. Road surface, side winds, grade. I think the HED disk would beat me up on the roads we
> usually ride, but would be a a hoot on smooth stuff. Anyway, the Zipps hit the middle of comfort
> and speed. bill g
>
> "Jude T. McGloin" wrote:
> >
> > 1280 a pair is pretty darn lite. I'm looking for somthing in the 12/13
area.
> > The new Alex 320s in 571 go 1400 and for the price their a bargain. I
still
> > run the Sparts but have been riding the HEDdisk/HED3 combo as of late. Gettin' much riding
> > in...the weather there appears to have been as foul
as
> > it has been here.
> >
> > --
> > Jude....///Bacchetta AERO St. Michaels and Tilghman Island.. Maryland Wheel Doctor Cycle and
> > Sports, Inc 1-800-586-6645 "a&b" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Jude, Bra's can be fun. They remind me of Christmas morning when I was a
kid.
> > > You'd never know what was gonna pop up when you pulled the ribbon. But
> > > digress... I initially got some Nimble Spiders http://www.nimble.net/ Low
profile
> > > for less crosswind effect and enhanced acceleration, and pretty aero. They were really well
> > > made. Plus they arrived ready to put a tire on
and
> > > go. However, I ended up with 28 spokes because the rim is so shallow
so
> > > they were, IMO, slower than the Spartici though they were lighter. So I got some Zipp 303's.
> > > They are pretty light (1280g/pair ,16X20)
even
> > > with bladed spokes. They arrived w/o rim tape and with machining
debris
> > > in the tube holes and I cut several tubes even with rim tape before I got that ciphered. They
> > > really seem to be a good balance of weight and aero. bill g

> > finally
The

Colorado

They have grip shifters, big brake levers, handlebar grips with long black leather fringes (like on
Harleys), fairing brackets, rear view mirrors and a bell and a horn. You wish, Bill.

C.C.

Carol Cohen wrote:

> They have grip shifters,
I guess these are standard..
> big brake levers,
Got to know when to hold 'em, know when to let 'em lead
> handlebar grips with long black leather fringes (like on Harleys)
It's fun to dress up from time to time..
> fairing brackets, rear view mirrors and a bell and a horn.
Kinda like a car wreck. There was a lot of screeching and moaning, at one point I was upside down,
and at the end I was thrown clear.
> You wish, Bill.
Ok ;-) bg