Bent Campy Derailluer

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Dave Mayer, Jun 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave Mayer

Dave Mayer Guest

Hello all: I have a bent mounting bolt on a 8-speed Campy Veloce rear derailleur. Everything else
    in this unit is fine. The bolt rotates freely in the upper pivot, so the bend must be close to
    the threads.

I have several spare Shimano derailleur pivot bolts, and a new Mavic. What's the chance that these
    can be used as a replacement for the Campagnolo bolt?

Tags:

2. dave-<< The bolt rotates freely in the upper pivot, so the bend must be close to the threads.

I have several spare Shimano derailleur pivot bolts, and a new Mavic. What's the chance that these
    can be used as a replacement for the Campagnolo

Small..visit a local bike shop and dig thru the box of toasted stuff any good one will have 'in the
    back' and harvest a bolt from a rear der....

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

3. Wiscottsin

Wiscottsin Guest

"Dave Mayer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:d%[email protected]...
    > Hello all: I have a bent mounting bolt on a 8-speed Campy Veloce rear derailleur. Everything else
    > in this unit is fine. The bolt rotates
    freely
    > in the upper pivot, so the bend must be close to the threads.
    >
    > I have several spare Shimano derailleur pivot bolts, and a new Mavic. What's the chance that these
    > can be used as a replacement for the
    Campagnolo
    > bolt?
    >
    >

Most likely they will not work. Even if it looks close, you'll probably end up doing more hurt than
    good. You can order the correct replacement bolt, or possibly find a scrap der. of the same model to
    harvest a bolt from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.