Bent Campy Derailluer

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Dave Mayer, Jun 1, 2003.

  1. Dave Mayer

    Dave Mayer Guest

    Hello all: I have a bent mounting bolt on a 8-speed Campy Veloce rear derailleur. Everything else
    in this unit is fine. The bolt rotates freely in the upper pivot, so the bend must be close to
    the threads.

    I have several spare Shimano derailleur pivot bolts, and a new Mavic. What's the chance that these
    can be used as a replacement for the Campagnolo bolt?

    Tags:

  2. dave-<< The bolt rotates freely in the upper pivot, so the bend must be close to the threads.

    I have several spare Shimano derailleur pivot bolts, and a new Mavic. What's the chance that these
    can be used as a replacement for the Campagnolo

    Small..visit a local bike shop and dig thru the box of toasted stuff any good one will have 'in the
    back' and harvest a bolt from a rear der....

  3. Wiscottsin

    Wiscottsin Guest

    "Dave Mayer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:d%[email protected]...
    > Hello all: I have a bent mounting bolt on a 8-speed Campy Veloce rear derailleur. Everything else
    > in this unit is fine. The bolt rotates
    freely
    > in the upper pivot, so the bend must be close to the threads.
    >
    > I have several spare Shimano derailleur pivot bolts, and a new Mavic. What's the chance that these
    > can be used as a replacement for the
    Campagnolo
    > bolt?

    Most likely they will not work. Even if it looks close, you'll probably end up doing more hurt than
    good. You can order the correct replacement bolt, or possibly find a scrap der. of the same model to
    harvest a bolt from.