Bent Campy Derailluer

Dave Mayer

Guest
Hello all: I have a bent mounting bolt on a 8-speed Campy Veloce rear derailleur. Everything else
in this unit is fine. The bolt rotates freely in the upper pivot, so the bend must be close to
the threads.

I have several spare Shimano derailleur pivot bolts, and a new Mavic. What's the chance that these
can be used as a replacement for the Campagnolo bolt?

dave-<< The bolt rotates freely in the upper pivot, so the bend must be close to the threads.

I have several spare Shimano derailleur pivot bolts, and a new Mavic. What's the chance that these
can be used as a replacement for the Campagnolo

Small..visit a local bike shop and dig thru the box of toasted stuff any good one will have 'in the
back' and harvest a bolt from a rear der....

"Dave Mayer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:d%[email protected]...
> Hello all: I have a bent mounting bolt on a 8-speed Campy Veloce rear derailleur. Everything else
> in this unit is fine. The bolt rotates
freely
> in the upper pivot, so the bend must be close to the threads.
>
> I have several spare Shimano derailleur pivot bolts, and a new Mavic. What's the chance that these
> can be used as a replacement for the
Campagnolo
> bolt?

Most likely they will not work. Even if it looks close, you'll probably end up doing more hurt than
good. You can order the correct replacement bolt, or possibly find a scrap der. of the same model to
harvest a bolt from.