Bent Components

TheAndyDudE

Feb 6, 2004
howdy,
was riding the other day and popping wheelies and what not and when i landed the front tire after being airborne for a few seconds, it landed sideways and the rear components on the right side of the back wheel got smashed up pretty good. i can't use the lowest of my 8-speeds gears because they start hitting the spokes of my wheel...can i straighten this out myself, or should i just take it to the LBS? thanks

Originally posted by TheAndyDudE
howdy,
was riding the other day and popping wheelies and what not and when i landed the front tire after being airborne for a few seconds, it landed sideways and the rear components on the right side of the back wheel got smashed up pretty good. i can't use the lowest of my 8-speeds gears because they start hitting the spokes of my wheel...can i straighten this out myself, or should i just take it to the LBS? thanks
Take it to a bike shop.

whats bent if its your frame i would take it to your LBS if it is a derailure then your going t just end up probaly having to buy a new one any how and i would save some money by switching out the derailure myself

Originally posted by hard_rock_god
whats bent if its your frame i would take it to your LBS if it is a derailure then your going t just end up probaly having to buy a new one any how and i would save some money by switching out the derailure myself
The culeless are probably better off not fiddling, and buggering something even worse.