bent dealers in Florida.

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Azqaz, May 26, 2003.

  1. Azqaz

    Azqaz Guest

    I will be in Florida in June. Specificaly Tampa and Orlando, but I can take a day off from the
    family and do some research on my own, so any good bent dealers within 4-5 hours of Tampa or
    Orlando? I can get 1 day away from the family, so what's the best? 2 days may take some above and
    beyond, but I may be able to do it. Long test rides would be a plus since I will be away from my
    machine. Hint, hint...

    Bryan

    Tags:

  2. Chere

    Chere Guest

    Bicycle Outfitters in Seminole (near Tampa) rocks and Gerry's back door is (literally) on the
    Penellas Trail (rails to trails). You can ride till your heart's content in either direction and
    Gerry's big beautiful fully stocked store has all the 'bents you can ask for there to test.
    Directions, etc. at Bicycle Outfitter's site: http://www.bicycleoutfitters.net/

    --
    Chere ~ GRR Sanibel, FL / Cumberland, MD

  3. Steve In Sc

    Steve In Sc Guest

    [email protected] (azqaz) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I will be in Florida in June. Specificaly Tampa and Orlando, but I can take a day off from the
    > family and do some research on my own, so any good bent dealers within 4-5 hours of Tampa or
    > Orlando? I can get 1 day away from the family, so what's the best? 2 days may take some above and
    > beyond, but I may be able to do it. Long test rides would be a plus since I will be away from my
    > machine. Hint, hint...
    >
    > Bryan

    Power On Cycling in Dover is right next to Tampa. Altlantic Bicycle in Margate has a very impressive
    assortment of recumbents on the floor. Power On Cyling is a dealer for M5 and other seldom seen
    bents, so you might give him a call. Personally, I would not ask a dealer for a test ride unles I
    was seriously in the market for a new bent. At the very least, I would want to purchase some needed
    parts or accessories from the dealer providing a test ride. Most LBS owners are great guys, I like
    to see them stay in business. Hint, hint....

  4. Gerry at Bicycle Outfitters in Seminole just south of Tampa is the BEST shop I have seen. Great
    people, great shop, good stock of test-rideable recumbents ... plus... the Pinellas Trail available
    for serious test rides 50 feet from the back door.

    --
    Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "azqaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I will be in Florida in June. Specificaly Tampa and Orlando, but I can take a day off from the
    > family and do some research on my own, so any good bent dealers within 4-5 hours of Tampa or
    > Orlando? I can get 1 day away from the family, so what's the best? 2 days may take some above and
    > beyond, but I may be able to do it. Long test rides would be a plus since I will be away from my
    > machine. Hint, hint...
    >
    > Bryan

  5. M..Leuck

    M..Leuck Guest

    Depending on which way you are driving into FL from you might try www.foolscrow.com near Tallahassee

    "azqaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I will be in Florida in June. Specificaly Tampa and Orlando, but I can take a day off from the
    > family and do some research on my own, so any good bent dealers within 4-5 hours of Tampa or
    > Orlando? I can get 1 day away from the family, so what's the best? 2 days may take some above and
    > beyond, but I may be able to do it. Long test rides would be a plus since I will be away from my
    > machine. Hint, hint...
    >
    > Bryan

  6. Ed Deaton is a great guy who knows EVERYTHING there is to know about recumbents. He does not always
    have an extensive stock of test rideable bikes but he will have different bikes at different times.

    Be SURE to call Ed in advance and make an appointment if you want to be certain he's in the shop.
    --
    Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Depending on which way you are driving into FL from you might try www.foolscrow.com near
    > Tallahassee
    >
    > "azqaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I will be in Florida in June. Specificaly Tampa and Orlando, but I can take a day off from the
    > > family and do some research on my own, so any good bent dealers within 4-5 hours of Tampa or
    > > Orlando? I can get 1 day away from the family, so what's the best? 2 days may take some above
    > > and beyond, but I may be able to do it. Long test rides would be a plus since I will be away
    > > from my machine. Hint, hint...
    > >
    > > Bryan

  7. Azqaz

    Azqaz Guest

    [email protected] (Steve in SC) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (azqaz) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I will be in Florida in June. Specificaly Tampa and Orlando, but I can take a day off from the
    > > family and do some research on my own, so any good bent dealers within 4-5 hours of Tampa or
    > > Orlando? I can get 1 day away from the family, so what's the best? 2 days may take some above
    > > and beyond, but I may be able to do it. Long test rides would be a plus since I will be away
    > > from my machine. Hint, hint...
    > >
    > > Bryan
    >
    > Power On Cycling in Dover is right next to Tampa. Altlantic Bicycle in Margate has a very
    > impressive assortment of recumbents on the floor. Power On Cyling is a dealer for M5 and other
    > seldom seen bents, so you might give him a call. Personally, I would not ask a dealer for a test
    > ride unles I was seriously in the market for a new bent. At the very least, I would want to
    > purchase some needed parts or accessories from the dealer providing a test ride. Most LBS owners
    > are great guys, I like to see them stay in business. Hint, hint....

    No problem. I rarely walk out of a shop without something. Just ask my wife. I am looking to compare
    bikes, and I will let any shop owner/worker know that I am not looking to buy in the imediate future
    and that I am not from the area.

  8. Edward Wong

    Edward Wong Guest

    [email protected] (azqaz) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I will be in Florida in June. Specificaly Tampa and Orlando, but I can take a day off from the
    > family and do some research on my own, so any good bent dealers within 4-5 hours of Tampa or
    > Orlando? I can get 1 day away from the family, so what's the best? 2 days may take some above and
    > beyond, but I may be able to do it. Long test rides would be a plus since I will be away from my
    > machine. Hint, hint...
    >
    > Bryan

    Bryan,

    While in Orlando, you can check out Bike Works. They carry Vision and Sun Bicycle products.
    http://www.bikeworks.com

    They are great guys and absolutely love bicycles;-)

    Edward Wong Orlando, FL

  9. Bentbiker

    Bentbiker Guest

    atlantic bicycle in lauderdale area, Mark is a good guy to deal with and not sure how far from
    tallahasse, but Edde at foolscrow is class A also.

    azqaz wrote:
    > I will be in Florida in June. Specificaly Tampa and Orlando, but I can take a day off from the
    > family and do some research on my own, so any good bent dealers within 4-5 hours of Tampa or
    > Orlando? I can get 1 day away from the family, so what's the best? 2 days may take some above and
    > beyond, but I may be able to do it. Long test rides would be a plus since I will be away from my
    > machine. Hint, hint...
    >
    > Bryan

  10. John Lannom

    John Lannom Guest

    Why not try to arrange a visit to the Big Cat Catrike factory. I think they are located in Orlando.

    John Lannom

    "bentbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > atlantic bicycle in lauderdale area, Mark is a good guy to deal with and not sure how far from
    > tallahasse, but Edde at foolscrow is class A also.
    >
    > azqaz wrote:
    > > I will be in Florida in June. Specificaly Tampa and Orlando, but I can take a day off from the
    > > family and do some research on my own, so any good bent dealers within 4-5 hours of Tampa or
    > > Orlando? I can get 1 day away from the family, so what's the best? 2 days may take some above
    > > and beyond, but I may be able to do it. Long test rides would be a plus since I will be away
    > > from my machine. Hint, hint...
    > >
    > > Bryan

  11. Chere

    Chere Guest

    Bachetta is in St. Petersburg.

    Regis Hampton (Hampton's Edge Bike Shop) is on the Withalacoochee Trail - Istachatta.

    --
    Chere ~ GRR Sanibel, FL / Cumberland, MD

  12. Bikeworks' website says they have exactly one (1) recumbent in stock, a Vision R 40. They apparently
    love uprights more, since they have a lot of them. ;-))

    --
    Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush

    "Edward Wong" wrote > While in Orlando, you can check out Bike Works. They carry Vision and
    > Sun Bicycle products. http://www.bikeworks.com They are great guys and
    absolutely love bicycles ;-)

  13. Regis is another wonderful person who knows all there is to know about recumbents. He usually has an
    interesting cross section of recumbents that can be ridden on the Withlacootchie Trail, right next
    to his shop. His home/shop is in the woods near Floral City and always worth a visit. He's always
    fun and interesting to talk to about recumbents. His shop can be hard to find so I suggest you call
    him first and get exact directions by car from I-75 or nearby Inverness..
    --
    news:[email protected]...