'Bent into for people who normally think we're nuts...

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Seth Jayson, Apr 4, 2003.

  1. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    Tags:

  2. Alpha Beta

    Alpha Beta Guest

    The article begins:

    "Why does your road bike look the way it does-two equal wheels, diamond frame? Anyone? Anyone? If
    you answered, "because the French said so in 1934," you win our prize."

    Since the momentum is anti-French in the US, maybe all true Americans should start riding bents.

    "Seth Jayson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Nothing here that most of you don't already know. Here's a link anyhoodle.

    http://www.windycitysports.com/story.cfm?story_id=4846&departmentid=20&publi cationID=26

  3. "Alpha Beta" skrev

    > Since the momentum is anti-French in the US, maybe all true Americans should start riding bents.

    Shouldn't it be called anti-Freedom in the great tradition of the Freedom fries and Freedom
    toast? ;o)

    Nice story btw.

    M.

  4. Skip

    Skip Guest

    Well done Seth.

    skip

  5. Alpha Beta <[email protected]> wrote:
    : The article begins:

    : "Why does your road bike look the way it does-two equal wheels, diamond frame? Anyone? Anyone? If
    : you answered, "because the French said so in 1934," you win our prize."

    : Since the momentum is anti-French in the US, maybe all true Americans should start riding bents.

    Not bents, freedom bikes (or trikes) ;D (Just to point out they are *not* French made)

  6. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    > : "Why does your road bike look the way it does-two equal wheels, diamond frame? Anyone? Anyone?
    > : If you answered, "because the French said so in 1934," you win our prize."
    >
    > : Since the momentum is anti-French in the US, maybe all true Americans should start riding bents.
    >
    > Not bents, freedom bikes (or trikes) ;D (Just to point out they are *not* French made)

    Here's what the true American Patriots are driving.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/05/business/05AUTO.html

  7. Paul Bruneau

    Paul Bruneau Guest

    Seth Jayson wrote:
    >> : "Why does your road bike look the way it does-two equal wheels, diamond
    >>: frame? Anyone? Anyone? If you answered, "because the French said so in 1934," you win our
    >>: prize."
    >>
    >>: Since the momentum is anti-French in the US, maybe all true Americans should start riding bents.
    >>
    >>Not bents, freedom bikes (or trikes) ;D (Just to point out they are *not* French made)
    >

    > Here's what the true American Patriots are driving.
    >
    > http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/05/business/05AUTO.html

    Yes, there's nothing more patriotic than getting 11 MPG of middle eastern gas in a ridiculously
    large, heavy, wasteful, pointless vehicle. (the hummer).

  8. Doug Huffman

    Doug Huffman Guest

    As a submariner (SSN-660 '70 - '75) I remember when 'hummer' meant something else. My, how things
    and especially the language changes.

    "Paul Bruneau" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Seth Jayson wrote:
    > >> : "Why does your road bike look the way it does-two equal wheels,
    diamond
    > >>: frame? Anyone? Anyone? If you answered, "because the French said so in 1934," you win our
    > >>: prize."
    > >>
    > >>: Since the momentum is anti-French in the US, maybe all true Americans should start riding
    > >>: bents.
    > >>
    > >>Not bents, freedom bikes (or trikes) ;D (Just to point out they are *not* French made)
    > >

    > > Here's what the true American Patriots are driving.
    > >
    > > http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/05/business/05AUTO.html
    >
    > Yes, there's nothing more patriotic than getting 11 MPG of middle eastern gas in a ridiculously
    > large, heavy, wasteful, pointless vehicle. (the hummer).

  9. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    > Yes, there's nothing more patriotic than getting 11 MPG of middle eastern gas in a ridiculously
    > large, heavy, wasteful, pointless vehicle. (the hummer).

    The best part is that the H2 isn't even close to 'the same' as the military vehicle. (That'd be the
    H1, which costs almost twice as much) So, in other words, these people are buying a giant fake
    hummer shell stuck on top of a normal Tahoe/Excursion-type chassis. It's all bun and no burger. But
    I guess looking militaristic--I mean-- *patriotic* by increasing your country's dependence on
    foreign-owned oil is the important thing.

  10. Scott

    Scott Guest

    The Fuhrer of the Hummer club says:

    "Those who deface a Hummer in words or deed," he added, "deface the American flag and what it
    stands for."

    What a complete and total JACKASS!

    People in other countries read this stuff and we wonder why they dislike us?

    Jeez.

    Scott Haluzak GTT