"Bent" Logo t-shirts now available

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Ron H., Feb 1, 2003.

  1. Ron H.

    Ron H. Guest

    "Two Feet High and Riding" BENT Check it out at link below RON H. for WHYTOOLE 98 BikeE AT.
    http://members.aol.com/whytoole/WHYTOOLE.html Tool trays that slide inside the BikeE frame! "Two
    Feet High and Riding" BENT Recumbent Logo T-Shirts

    Tags:

  2. Jay

    Jay Guest

    > "Two Feet High and Riding" BENT Check it out at link below RON H. for WHYTOOLE 98 BikeE AT.
    > http://members.aol.com/whytoole/WHYTOOLE.html

    Please declutter your page. Too much unnecessary graphics and motion. It takes way way way too long
    to load- after 5 minutes I gave up. If you are not sure what I mean or why I would say this- crack
    open *any* webpage design book. You are losing business buddy.

  3. I have a 10.0 Mbps. connection and the website opened very fast...but I also got a "Security Warning
    Pop Up" saying the "Security Certificate" for this site has been revoked and I should (not) continue
    viewing the page or bookmark it....... THAT warning alone would turn people away from reading any
    further and makes the webpage useless.
    ------------
    "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA6227F5.FBE%[email protected]...
    > > "Two Feet High and Riding" BENT Check it out at link below RON H. for WHYTOOLE 98 BikeE AT.
    > > http://members.aol.com/whytoole/WHYTOOLE.html
    >
    > Please declutter your page. Too much unnecessary graphics and motion. It takes way way way too
    > long to load- after 5 minutes I gave up. If you are not sure what I mean or why I would say this-
    > crack open *any* webpage design book. You are losing business buddy.

  4. [email protected] (RON H.) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Two Feet High and Riding" BENT Check it out at link below RON H. for WHYTOOLE 98 BikeE AT.
    > http://members.aol.com/whytoole/WHYTOOLE.html Tool trays that slide inside the BikeE frame! "Two
    > Feet High and Riding" BENT Recumbent Logo T-Shirts

    OH!! NOW I get it! Bent logo, not Logo bent. Logo trikes are inches high, not feet. Duhh. Sorry,
    easily confused by th name game. Boy, do I feel stupid.

    Is there an upcoming T-shirt for those of us on Logos or other trikes 14" or lower?

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

  5. Ron H.

    Ron H. Guest

    >Please declutter your page. Too much unnecessary graphics and motion. It takes way way way too long
    >to load- after 5 minutes I gave up. If you are not sure what I mean or why I would say this- crack
    >open *any* webpage design book. You are losing business buddy.

    It takes me less than 20 seconds to load, even after I have erased all bookmarks, and deleted my
    temp internet files. As for the security certificate pop up, any one have any suggestions? I get it
    too since Ebay bought out PayPal! RON H. for WHYTOOLE 98 BikeE AT.
    http://members.aol.com/whytoole/WHYTOOLE.html Tool trays that slide inside the BikeE frame! "Two
    Feet High and Riding" BENT Recumbent Logo T-Shirts

  6. Ron H.

    Ron H. Guest

    I just checked my site out and didn't get any security certificate pop ups, even when making an
    order. Any one else still getting it? RON H. for WHYTOOLE 98 BikeE AT.
    http://members.aol.com/whytoole/WHYTOOLE.html Tool trays that slide inside the BikeE frame! "Two
    Feet High and Riding" BENT Recumbent Logo T-Shirts

  7. "RON H."skrev...
    > I just checked my site out and didn't get any security certificate pop ups, even when making an
    > order. Any one else still getting it?

    Nope. Still took some time for the pics to load on a fast cablemodem. But by converting your GIF's
    to JPG's you can reduce the size of the pics by 50-70% and hopefully have the page load faster. This
    is just by going GIF->JPG. Compress em a bit and you might get lower without noticable loss of
    imagequality.

    Regards Mikael

  8. "RON H." skrev...
    > I am thinking about dropping the WHYTOOLE animated introductory banner. That will save a lot of
    > space. I like the gif files for clarity. I get a lot of color loss with jpg. and besides the jpg
    > files are larger. The bit size files indicate to me (on my puter) that jpg files are a lot larger.

    Hmmm? If you take the 03wb1.GIF its 152.8 KB big. 568*297 pixels and 256 colours. Convert it to a
    JPG and you get 59.5 KB. Same size but 24.000 colours. Since you convert from 256 colours I don't
    think you actually get better colours but image quality is the same. Flicking between the two
    doesn't show any degradation in the jpg.

    But your website... your call. :)

    Regards Mikael

  9. Paul Bruneau

    Paul Bruneau Guest

    gif vs jpg

    The best one depends on what your picture is.

    If it's a photo, use jpg.

    If it's a logo, or something with few colors and large areas of solid color, use gif.

    Each one's compression is best suited for each type of graphic.

  10. Bethf

    Bethf Guest

    "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA6227F5.FBE%[email protected]...
    > > "Two Feet High and Riding" BENT Check it out at link below RON H. for WHYTOOLE 98 BikeE AT.
    > > http://members.aol.com/whytoole/WHYTOOLE.html
    >
    > Please declutter your page. Too much unnecessary graphics and motion. It takes way way way too
    > long to load- after 5 minutes I gave up. If you are not sure what I mean or why I would say this-
    > crack open *any* webpage design book. You are losing business buddy.

    Jay, if you were a decent human, you might word your message a little differently, and perhaps send
    it privately.

  11. Jay

    Jay Guest

    in article [email protected], BethF at [email protected] wrote on 2/3/03 4:26 PM:

    > "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA6227F5.FBE%[email protected]...
    >>> "Two Feet High and Riding" BENT Check it out at link below RON H. for WHYTOOLE 98 BikeE AT.
    >>> http://members.aol.com/whytoole/WHYTOOLE.html
    >>
    >> Please declutter your page. Too much unnecessary graphics and motion. It takes way way way too
    >> long to load- after 5 minutes I gave up. If you are not sure what I mean or why I would say this-
    >> crack open *any* webpage design book. You are losing business buddy.
    >

    > Jay, if you were a decent human, you might word your message a little differently, and perhaps
    > send it privately.

    As a decent human being, for no personal gain - I have been trying to help this person privately.
    True- I was a tad abrupt- but would it have been better to have his business page continue to
    malfunction? What are YOU doing, as a decent human, to help this guy?

    Double geez!

  12. Bethf

    Bethf Guest

    "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA644C7F.124B%[email protected]...

    > > Jay, if you were a decent human, you might word your message a little differently, and perhaps
    > > send it privately.
    >
    > As a decent human being, for no personal gain - I have been trying to help this person privately.

    After you berated and belittled him publically.

    > True- I was a tad abrupt- but would it have been better to have his
    business
    > page continue to malfunction?

    No, it would have been nicer to send him an email.

    > What are YOU doing, as a decent human, to help this guy?

    Protecting him from cranky, critical people on usenet ;-)

    > Double geez!

  13. Jay

    Jay Guest

    in article [email protected], BethF at [email protected] wrote on 2/3/03 7:19 PM:

    > "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA644C7F.124B%[email protected]...
    >

    >>> Jay, if you were a decent human, you might word your message a little differently, and perhaps
    >>> send it privately.
    >>
    >> As a decent human being, for no personal gain - I have been trying to help this person privately.
    >
    > After you berated and belittled him publically.
    >

    >> True- I was a tad abrupt- but would it have been better to have his
    > business
    >> page continue to malfunction?
    >
    > No, it would have been nicer to send him an email.
    >
    >> What are YOU doing, as a decent human, to help this guy?
    >

    > Protecting him from cranky, critical people on usenet ;-)
    >>
    >> Double geez!

    Beth:

    I *insist* that you email this guy *privately* and ask if he needs your protection from me. Ask him
    how he feels about what have done for and to him these last two days.

    AND I suggest you get some perspective and take this off the group. BTW that is NOT an invitation to
    email me either.

    Thanks for your time and attention.

  14. Bethf

    Bethf Guest

    "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA647BE4.12BF%

    > Beth:
    >
    > I *insist* that you email this guy *privately* and ask if he needs your protection from me.

    Since I dont' normally obey the commands of strangers on usenet, you feel free to insist anything
    you like, but I will do what I want anyway.

    > Ask him how he feels about what have done for and to him these last two days.

    I haven't done anything TO HIM, and having known Ron from this NG for many, many moons, I doubt he
    minds my sticking up for him, whether or not your posts hurt your feelings.

    > AND I suggest you get some perspective and take this off the group. BTW that is NOT an invitation
    > to email me either.

    Um, you are the one who brought it on the group, aren't you Jay? If its not appropriate for the
    group, then perhaps you should have left it in email?

    And you have no worries about my emailing you, as i prefer to converse with polite and tactful human
    beings for the most part.

    > Thanks for your time and attention.

  15. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    BethF wrote:

    > ... Since I dont' normally obey the commands of strangers on usenet, you feel free to insist
    > anything you like, but I will do what I want anyway....

    Beth,

    I insist that you do what you want to. ;)

    Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) RANS "Wavewind" and Rocket, Earth Cycles Sunset and
    Dragonflyer, Sidewalker Micro, Trek 6000

  16. Bethf

    Bethf Guest

    > BethF wrote:
    > >
    > > ... Since I dont' normally obey the commands of strangers on usenet, you
    feel
    > > free to insist anything you like, but I will do what I want anyway....
    >
    > Beth,
    >
    > I insist that you do what you want to. ;)

    I will not.

  17. Bethf

    Bethf Guest

    > BethF wrote:
    > >
    > > ... Since I dont' normally obey the commands of strangers on usenet, you
    feel
    > > free to insist anything you like, but I will do what I want anyway....
    >
    > Beth,
    >
    > I insist that you do what you want to. ;)

    p.s. you no longer qualify as a stranger.

  18. I'd love to join in here, but it has been my experience to NOT get between 2 Females (BethF and Jay)
    who are arguing about something...lest they come to an agreement and turn on the guy in the middle.

  19. "BethF" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > BethF wrote:
    > > >
    > > > ... Since I dont' normally obey the commands of strangers on usenet, you
    > feel
    > > > free to insist anything you like, but I will do what I want anyway....
    > >
    > > Beth,
    > >
    > > I insist that you do what you want to. ;)
    >

    > p.s. you no longer qualify as a stranger.

    But will always qualify as strange.

  20. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    William Meacham wrote:

    > > > BethF wrote:
    >
    > > p.s. you no longer qualify as a stranger.
    >
    > But will always qualify as strange.

    Hey, I resemble that remark.

    Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) Various HPV's