Bent my aspide (sob)

Hitchy

New Member
Jan 26, 2004
1,876
G'day,

was putting away the trusty racing steed the other night & happened to notice my 6 months old San marco aspide ti saddle was bent!. The rails are Ti & still seem to be the right shape, but the saddle has a definate 'lean' to the left (when viewed from behind). As i haven't bingled it, (yet) nor bashed it against anything....i can only conclude that its either (a) a manufacturing fault in which case the lovely man from San marco will take it back & gladly replace it with a new one & i will accept his humble apologies.....or (B) I'm to fat to ride this saddle! (so it's obviously gotta be (A) right?).......but seriously, san marco's web site doesn't say anything about weight restrictions for this saddle, so I can only assume that its Ok for fat bastards to ride....a reasonable assumption?......I 'll let you know how I go trying to get this replaced!......anyone else had a similar problem?

cheers,

Hitchy

could the moulding/leather/whatever comprises an Aspide have shifted to the one side?

Can we assume that you are not similar to Mr Armstrong and missing, er, um, something thus unbalancing the riding style?

or perhaps you been riding round-nround the crit course too much?

G'day Hitchy:

Gotta be the second possibility. If you wanna get your warranty claim to work, you should send in someone slim, or otherwise they won't take it as a manufacturing fault. :D:D:D

Seriously, saddles can twist without a bend on the rails. It's got to do with the construction where rails ends are held. It happened to my very first bike. I took it as a cheap manufacturing. Your case is different.

Cheers,
Amir.

Originally posted by Hitchy

Hitchy <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> G'day,
>
> was putting away the trusty racing steed the other night &
> happened to notice my 6 months old San marco aspide ti
> saddle was bent!. The rails are Ti & still seem to be the
> right shape, but the saddle has a definate 'lean' to the
> left (when viewed from behind). As i haven't bingled it,
> (yet) nor bashed it against anything....i can only
> conclude that its either (a) a manufacturing fault in
> which case the lovely man from San marco will take it back
> & gladly replace it with a new one & i will accept his
> humble apologies.....or (B) I'm to fat to ride this
> saddle! (so it's obviously gotta be (A) right?).......but
> seriously, san marco's web site doesn't say anything about
> weight restrictions for this saddle, so I can only assume
> that its Ok for fat bastards to ride....a reasonable
> assumption?......I 'll let you know how I go trying to get
> this replaced!......anyone else had a similar problem?
>
> cheers,
>
> Hitchy
>

> --

That's a bummer (sorry). I have a San Marco Era something
that is only a couple of months old, but no problems yet. I
believe it has alloy rails (not Ti).

My old saddle definitely bent, though I don't consider
myself a fat ******* - not fat at any rate. It was a Selle
Italia that came with the bike new 6 years ago...

Ritch

Hitchy wrote:
> G'day,

<heart-string-tugging sob story snipped>

> cheers,
>
> Hitchy

A bit OT, but I just love how people who find this saddle
uncomfy call it the "Ass-Bleed"... (where "ass" is
pronounced like the donkey)

&roo