Bent Xtreme

Danny Colyer, in news:[email protected] scribbled ;

> If anyone doubts the ability of recumbents to go offroad, take a look at this link that was just
> posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent: http://cybercondor.free.fr/

Heheheh, those Frenchies eh .. ;)

--
...................................Paul-*** Seti 1330 wu in 9275 hours

> If anyone doubts the ability of recumbents to go offroad, take a look at this link that was just
> posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent: http://cybercondor.free.fr/

Nutters! As much as I do fancy to sample life on the Dark Side, there's no way, no how I'd be
doing that!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I've been attending this ng for some months now and have heard the term 'bents' and recumbents
quite a few times....this is the first time I've actually seen one in the 'flesh', so to speak. Can
anyone provide a bit more info. ?, such as models, prices, variations (suspension etc)..web pages ?
Is that the sound of the darkside I hear, a-beckoning ??.. cheers, Dave.

Danny Colyer wrote:
> If anyone doubts the ability of recumbents to go offroad, take a look at this link that was just
> posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent: http://cybercondor.free.fr/

Tsk tsk... BikeE did actually produce a dedicated off-road 'bent, the FX, but even before the
company went under it was withdrawn after poor sales. Ben "Kinetics" Cooper has some festive
pictures in his shop of him getting air of the fairly big variety on his old Streetmachine.

Mine hasn't been jumping, but it goes on the forest trails to the beach at Tentsmuir every then and
now. It's really not a great offroad machine for serious rough stuff, but on a typical forest trail
or landy track it's fine. Any problems are usually to do with me not being bothered to let the tyres
down under 100 psi, and it's a bit of a grunt getting it over locked gates compared to the MTB.

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

"Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Danny Colyer, in news:[email protected] scribbled ;
>
> > If anyone doubts the ability of recumbents to go offroad, take a look at this link that was just
> > posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent: http://cybercondor.free.fr/
>
> Heheheh, those Frenchies eh .. ;)

Yeah, the "acedemie francais" won't be happy with that. "Le Bent" when there is a perfectly good FC
word for one (not that any French person I've ever met has ever heard of one).

Dave wrote:
> Can anyone provide a bit more info. ?, such as models, prices, variations (suspension
> etc)..web pages ?

The best place to start is probably the Recumbent FAQ: http://www.ihpva.org/FAQ/

My recumbent page (see .sig) has a list of all the useful bent links I know of including recumbent
organisations, magazines, manufacturers and UK retailers. alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent is a good place
to look for opinions on the relative merits of different styles of bent, and for reviews of specific
models once you get closer to a decision.

> Is that the sound of the darkside I hear, a-beckoning ??..

Yup :)

Thomas Paine

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 18:24:58 -0000, "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Is that the sound of the darkside I hear, a-beckoning ??..

You need to ask???

Last time I visited Darth Ian he had an Optima Orca 26" wheel offroad bent. His view was that it was
"pointless" but maybe the frog has it right.

Give in to the dark side, Dave - wind resistance is futile!

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Dave wrote:
> > Can anyone provide a bit more info. ?, such as models, prices, variations (suspension etc)..web
> > pages ?
>
> The best place to start is probably the Recumbent FAQ: http://www.ihpva.org/FAQ/
>
> My recumbent page (see .sig) has a list of all the useful bent links I know of including recumbent
> organisations, magazines, manufacturers and UK retailers. alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent is a good
> place to look for opinions on the relative merits of different styles of bent, and for reviews of
> specific models once you get closer to a decision.
>
> > Is that the sound of the darkside I hear, a-beckoning ??..
>
> Yup :)
>
> --
> Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny ) Recumbent cycle page:
> http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/ "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -
> Thomas Paine

Thanks Danny, just what I wanted....to start with!! cheers, Dave.

> On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 18:24:58 -0000, "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Is that the sound of the darkside I hear, a-beckoning ??..
>
> You need to ask???

...er, rhetorical ???....

> Last time I visited Darth Ian he had an Optima Orca 26" wheel offroad bent. His view was that it
> was "pointless" but maybe the frog has it right.

Do I take it that means there's a lot of bouncing around as well as forward motion ?

> Give in to the dark side, Dave - wind resistance is futile!

...and I thought wind resistance was part of the keeping / staying fit process... ;-)

> Guy
> ===
> ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony.

I...the...it's....can't...resist...much.....longer...

Dave.

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:08:53 -0000, "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Last time I visited Darth Ian he had an Optima Orca 26" wheel offroad bent. His view was that it
>> was "pointless" but maybe the frog has it right.

>Do I take it that means there's a lot of bouncing around as well as forward motion ?

No, the frog was a reference to le frenchman on the website - offroad 'benting is a tad dicey, as
you can't use many of the standard MTB techniques like "body English."

Actually the boys in the shop reckoned thay had tried offroad on a 'bent and to a man fallen off :-D

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.