Bents in a Mainstream store

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by bentcruiser, May 10, 2003.

  1. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    I was in Sun and Ski tonight and I noticed that they are starting to carry Burley recumbents. I was surprised. This was the same chain who had told me in a company e-mail a few years ago that "bents do not have any bearing on the market. They are a fad."

    Sun and Ski is not a huge chain but it does have a moderate amount of stores.

    http://www.sunandski.com

    Derek

    Tags:

  2. "bentcruiser" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Sun and Ski is not a huge chain but it does have a moderate amount of stores.

    Don't get too excited, look at the locations for the stores, not one of those states is a serious
    cycling state. Having some snow board shop selling your bents isn't going to cut it.

  3. M..Leuck

    M..Leuck Guest

    "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "bentcruiser" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >

    > > Sun and Ski is not a huge chain but it does have a moderate amount of stores.
    >
    > Don't get too excited, look at the locations for the stores, not one of those states is a serious
    > cycling state. Having some snow board shop selling your bents isn't going to cut it.

    Texas, California, Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio, Florida, New York and the Carolinas aren't serious
    cycling states?

    > "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "bentcruiser" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > > Sun and Ski is not a huge chain but it does have a moderate amount of stores.
    > >
    > > Don't get too excited, look at the locations for the stores, not one of those states is a
    > > serious cycling state. Having some snow board shop selling your bents isn't going to cut it.
    >
    > Texas, California, Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio, Florida, New York and the Carolinas aren't serious
    > cycling states?

    Texas? Well I'll bet Lance wouldn't be caught dead in a Sun & Ski.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  5. "m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Texas, California, Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio, Florida, New York and the Carolinas aren't serious
    > cycling states?

    That's correct, they aren't.

    The cycling states are the Seattle area and certain parts of California.

  6. What about Oregon? Figured when a kid is born in Oregon they slap his bum and start telling him Bent
    good, DF bad.
    ------------------------
    "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > Texas, California, Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio, Florida, New York and the Carolinas aren't serious
    > > cycling states?
    > >

    > That's correct, they aren't.
    >
    > The cycling states are the Seattle area and certain parts of California.

  7. M..Leuck

    M..Leuck Guest

    "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > Texas, California, Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio, Florida, New York and the Carolinas aren't serious
    > > cycling states?
    > >

    > That's correct, they aren't.
    >
    > The cycling states are the Seattle area and certain parts of California.

    Says who?

  8. "m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Says who?

    Don't get worked up - "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" is just a kid. Even he will grow up some day. I just
    wonder how he got past the clown-sign saying "You have to be taller than THIS to enter".

    Regards, Torben

  9. >So we can conclude future bent owners have a snow boarding background?

    One of my standard responses for the "is it difficult to ride" question is something like: "If you
    can snowboard, this should be easy."

  10. Edward Wong

    Edward Wong Guest

    "m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > >

    > > > Texas, California, Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio, Florida, New York and the Carolinas aren't
    > > > serious cycling states?
    > > >

    > > That's correct, they aren't.
    > >
    > > The cycling states are the Seattle area and certain parts of California.
    >
    > Says who?

    Come on guys...Fabrizio is merely pulling everyone's chain! We should know him by now. Funny how he
    keeps "popping up" every now and then in a.r.b.r. Makes me wonder if he's actually taken an interest
    in recumbents even if from afar.

    Edward Wong Orlando, FL

  11. "m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<YKlva.285424$

    > Says who?

    I think it was me, but right now the main group have just passed Intergiro point at Taranto
    Lungomare in the Giro and I don't have time to explain the basics with you.

  12. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

    "Torben Scheel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > Says who?
    >
    > Don't get worked up - "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" is just a kid. Even he will
    grow
    > up some day. I just wonder how he got past the clown-sign saying "You have to be taller than THIS
    > to enter".

    ...or the can of Vienna Sausages that threaten his manhood.

    You should respond to Fabi the way that everyone does:

    Pah-PLONK!

    Done.

    -Barry

  13. Harv

    Harv Guest

    Hey Fabbo, I think yer dad wants you to come down the the used car lot and wash a few of the
    cunkers. "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<YKlva.285424$
    > >
    > > Says who?
    >

    > I think it was me, but right now the main group have just passed Intergiro point at Taranto
    > Lungomare in the Giro and I don't have time to explain the basics with you.

  14. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On 11 May 2003 12:30:27 +0950, bentcruiser <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I was in Sun and Ski tonight and I noticed that they are starting to carry Burley recumbents.

    My LBS in conservative backwater England has started stocking the Giant recumbent, and has Jason
    Queally's BlueYonder bodyshell on the wall. The shop owner wasn't too pleased when I laughed at
    Queally's top speed (65 ish), but Rob English is well known in Reading and he *crashed* faster
    than that :-D

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  15. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Sun, 11 May 2003 04:31:20 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Texas, California, Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio, Florida, New York and the Carolinas aren't serious
    >> cycling states?

    >That's correct, they aren't.

    Are you going to tell Lance or shall I?

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  16. Geoff Adams

    Geoff Adams Guest

    The best thing to do with these "Fab" type people on usenet is to ignore or filter. Then they go
    away. Or maybe they come back as sincere participants. If you engage them, they keep posting.

    B. Sanders wrote:
    > "Torben Scheel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>"m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>

    >>>Says who?
    >>
    >>Don't get worked up - "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" is just a kid. Even he will
    >
    > grow
    >
    >>up some day. I just wonder how he got past the clown-sign saying "You have to be taller than THIS
    >>to enter".
    >

    > ...or the can of Vienna Sausages that threaten his manhood.
    >
    > You should respond to Fabi the way that everyone does:
    >
    > Pah-PLONK!
    >
    > Done.
    >
    > -Barry

  17. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    geoff adams wrote:

    > The best thing to do with these "Fab" type people on usenet is to ignore or filter. Then they go
    > away. Or maybe they come back as sincere participants. If you engage them, they keep posting.

    There are some purely stupid posters [1] who are just a waste of time. Fab is in a completely
    different category in that his postings are entertaining almost all the time. In addition, tweaking
    Fab is a rather entertaining sport. ;)

    [1] There are some good examples at < http://sheldonbrown.net/skaterebuttal.html >.

  18. M..Leuck

    M..Leuck Guest

    "B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > "Torben Scheel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "m..leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > > Says who?
    > >
    > > Don't get worked up - "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" is just a kid. Even he will
    > grow
    > > up some day. I just wonder how he got past the clown-sign saying "You
    have
    > > to be taller than THIS to enter".
    >
    > ...or the can of Vienna Sausages that threaten his manhood.
    >
    > You should respond to Fabi the way that everyone does:
    >
    > Pah-PLONK!
    >
    > Done.
    >
    > -Barry

    Sorry, I'm a newbie here :)

  19. M..Leuck

    M..Leuck Guest

    > On Sun, 11 May 2003 04:31:20 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >> Texas, California, Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio, Florida, New York and the Carolinas aren't serious
    > >> cycling states?
    >
    > >That's correct, they aren't.
    >
    > Are you going to tell Lance or shall I?
    >
    > Guy

    I live in Texas so I'll tell Lance

    (As soon as his "powering ESPN's building" stint is done)