'bents on eBay: Orbit Crystal SWB OSS; E-Bike LWB OSS

Simon Brooke

Guest
Once again, not mine.

Orbit Crystal
<URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3684080161>

E-Bike
<URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3683789291>

Simon Brooke wrote:

> Orbit Crystal

Fast, furious and fun. I paid =A3250 for my original one, and then spent=
=20
another 100 on it. Excellent value that proved to be. They retailed at =

about =A3700, this one doesn't look like it'll need much aside from time =

spent.

No suspension but the mesh seat provides a fair bit and I still found it =

a comfort revelation after drop bar upright tourers. It'll take a=20
standard rear rack and carries luggage well as long as you don't put=20
tonnes on the back.

Size adjusts by a sliding boom so as long as you aren't especially tiny=20
or huge it'll probably fit. If it goes for =A3150 that would be a major =

league bargain IMHO.

> E-Bike

BikeE, in fact.
Not ridden one, but I do know that if you're interested in 'bents=20
because of speed then this is not the right place to start. It's=20
designed as a comfortable urban bike. Reputation is fairly good on=20
those terms, but it certainly isn't a screamer or a serious touring machi=
ne.

Pete.
--=20
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:04:20 +0100, Peter Clinch
<[email protected]> wrote (more or less):

>Simon Brooke wrote:
>
>> Orbit Crystal

>Fast, furious and fun. I paid £250 for my original one, and then spent
>another 100 on it. Excellent value that proved to be. They retailed at
>about £700, this one doesn't look like it'll need much aside from time
>spent.
>
>No suspension but the mesh seat provides a fair bit and I still found it
>a comfort revelation after drop bar upright tourers. It'll take a
>standard rear rack and carries luggage well as long as you don't put
>tonnes on the back.
>
>Size adjusts by a sliding boom so as long as you aren't especially tiny
>or huge it'll probably fit. If it goes for £150 that would be a major
>league bargain IMHO.

Pity it's only available to those who'll turn up and collect in
person.

Now if only I knew someone who lives in So'ton.

--
Cheers,
Euan