'Bents on eBay

Simon Brooke

Guest
Once again, no, of course they aren't mine.

Fully faired Kingcycle (OSS):
<URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3679898726>

Vision R45, USS, slightly weird seat, very weird handlebars:
<URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3679919485>

If anyone is getting ****** off with me posting details of ebay bents,
just say so and I'll stop.

See one nuclear war, you've seen them all.

Simon Brooke wrote:

> Vision R45, USS, slightly weird seat, very weird handlebars:

That sort of seat is fairly standard. For example, compare and contrast
with the HPVel Spirit.
The bars look unusual compared to many current USS designs, but don't
look too silly. Think of your arms hanging by a seat with no armrests,
as opposed to the upturned typical bars where the grips /are/ the
armrest to an extent.

AFAICT the Visions had a pretty good reputation (sadly they went out of
business quite recently) for design and build, but as usual my problems
with these auction machines is you can't try before you buy most of the
time, and it's very difficult to tell on paper whether they'll be right
for you :-(

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital

Peter Clinch wrote:

> The bars look unusual compared to many current USS designs, but don't
> look too silly.

I thought they were normal USS bars fitted in an unusual orientation, but I
didn't look that hard.

--
Guy
===

Victory is ours! Down with Eric the Half A Brain!

Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as Simon
Brooke <[email protected]> breathed:

>Once again, no, of course they aren't mine.

>Fully faired Kingcycle (OSS):
><URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3679898726>

>Vision R45, USS, slightly weird seat, very weird handlebars:
><URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3679919485>
>
>If anyone is getting ****** off with me posting details of ebay bents,
>just say so and I'll stop.

I enjoy looking at them - it's nice to drool over fancy machinery, even
if there's little chance of me ever actually riding one in the near
future. Bit like Astra drivers going ga-ga over the latest Jaguar
XJ-220 or whatever, but not quite as financially unreachable. :)

--
- Pyromancer.
- http://www.inkubus-sukkubus.co.uk <-- Pagan Gothic Rock!

Simon Brooke wrote:

> Once again, no, of course they aren't mine.
>
> Fully faired Kingcycle (OSS):
> <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3679898726>
>
> Vision R45, USS, slightly weird seat, very weird handlebars:
> <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3679919485>
>
> If anyone is getting ****** off with me posting details of ebay bents,
> just say so and I'll stop.

I'd love to turn up to the club "10" on a faired Kingcycle. Well, they
allowed someone to ride with a UniDisc wheel cover last week, and that's
an illegal fairing according to CTT (only £500 solid discs please!)

Peter Clinch wrote:
> AFAICT the Visions had a pretty good reputation (sadly they went out of
> business quite recently) for design and build, but as usual my problems
> with these auction machines is you can't try before you buy most of the
> time, and it's very difficult to tell on paper whether they'll be right
> for you :-(

In 1995 the Vision R40 was on my short list of bikes I would consider
buying if I had the money. The others were the Kingcycle and the Street
Glider.

I haven't tried the R45, but I'm sure it's well worth considering if the
price is right. I think the reserve price of GBP850 may be a little
high for a second hand one, though.