Berlin Six-Day - Night Six (Final)

Davey Crockett

Guest
A nail-biting end to the Berliner Sechstagerennen and the 2003-2004 Six-day season saw the first
victory of a Home-Town Berlin rider* for 31 years Tuesday night at the Landsberg Alle Velodrome as
four duos shared the Zero Lap with scant seconds to go to the final bell. A highly motivated and
super fit duo, Guido Fulst and his partner from nearby Potsdam, Robert Bartko, lying in third spot
on points launched a Blitzkrieg type attack with three laps to go in the final Madison and smoked
the field to gain the lap that was to ensure they moved up to the top place on the podium.

The Italian-Swiss duo of Villa-Marvulli, moving into the lead after the third night, were still the
points leaders with less than a minute to go but could not reply to the Bartko-Fulst challenge and
had to settle for second spot.

Another German pair comprising Andreas Kappes and Andreas Beikirch rode solidly throughout the event
for a well deserved third spot.

* (NB: Fulst is not a ''Berliner'' - a Berliner is a jelly doughnut - hopefully they don't put the
holes in them the same way that Tim Horton ****** is reputed to do.)

--
le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

In article
<877jzcb7vb.fsf@cpe0050da66e294-cm0f2069983361.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com>
,
Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote:

> A nail-biting end to the Berliner Sechstagerennen and the 2003-2004 Six-day season saw the first
> victory of a Home-Town Berlin rider* for 31 years Tuesday night at the Landsberg Alle Velodrome as
> four duos shared the Zero Lap with scant seconds to go to the final bell. A highly motivated and
> super fit duo, Guido Fulst and his partner from nearby Potsdam, Robert Bartko, lying in third spot
> on points launched a Blitzkrieg type attack with three laps to go in the final Madison and smoked
> the field to gain the lap that was to ensure they moved up to the top place on the podium.

> * (NB: Fulst is not a ''Berliner'' - a Berliner is a jelly doughnut - hopefully they don't put the
> holes in them the same way that Tim Horton ****** is reputed to do.)

Tim Horton's does not put holes in their jelly doughnuts. They do put holes in most of their
doughnuts. But the best thing they have on the menu is Timbits, which are doughnut holes by another
name. No holes there, and there are filled Timbits.

Thanks for the six-day recaps. It's fun reading about this wonderful throwback event.

Davey Crockett wrote:
> A highly motivated and super fit duo, Guido Fulst and his partner from nearby Potsdam, Robert
> Bartko, lying in third spot on points launched a Blitzkrieg type attack with three laps to go in
> the final Madison and smoked the field to gain the lap that was to ensure they moved up to the top
> place on the podium.

I am deeply saddened at not being able to follow this in person. This is as dramatic as a
six day gets.

Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> writes:

> Tim Horton's does not put holes in their jelly doughnuts. They do put holes in most of their
> doughnuts. But the best thing they have on the menu is Timbits, which are doughnut holes by
> another name. No holes there, and there are filled Timbits.

Sorry about that. I have never been in a Horton's franchise shop.

--

<878yjroo2r.fsf@cpe0050da66e294-cm0f2069983361.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com>
,
Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> writes:
>

> > Tim Horton's does not put holes in their jelly doughnuts. They do put holes in most of their
> > doughnuts. But the best thing they have on the menu is Timbits, which are doughnut holes by
> > another name. No holes there, and there are filled Timbits.
>
> Sorry about that. I have never been in a Horton's franchise shop.

If you're ever in Canada, I recommend a trip. They're a major sponsor of Canadian cycling,
interestingly enough. That may explain the dearth of Canadian pros :).

Always got time for 'em,

Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> writes:

> If you're ever in Canada, I recommend a trip. They're a major sponsor of Canadian cycling,
> interestingly enough. That may explain the dearth of Canadian pros :).

Thanks. If I ever make it to Canada, I'll look for a Horton's House.

By the way, is Canada east or west of Toronto?

--
le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

I reckon I could do good business selling the holes to Tim Horton's for their donuts. Production
costs would be low and then I think I can sell them on product integration (putting the holes in the
donuts). Any investors?

On 01/29/2004 01:59 AM, in article
87wu7b5dvb.fsf@cpe0050da66e294-cm0f2069983361.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com,
"Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> If you're ever in Canada, I recommend a trip. They're a major sponsor of Canadian cycling,
>> interestingly enough. That may explain the dearth of Canadian pros :).
>
> Thanks. If I ever make it to Canada, I'll look for a Horton's House.
>
> By the way, is Canada east or west of Toronto?

North.

dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

In article
<87wu7b5dvb.fsf@cpe0050da66e294-cm0f2069983361.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com>
,
Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > If you're ever in Canada, I recommend a trip. They're a major sponsor of Canadian cycling,
> > interestingly enough. That may explain the dearth of Canadian pros :).
>
> Thanks. If I ever make it to Canada, I'll look for a Horton's House.

> By the way, is Canada east or west of Toronto?

D'oh! Well, since TO is the centre of the universe, I guess it's quite far from there.