Bernard Hinault's role in TDF

Tom Nakashima

Guest
What is Bernard Hinault's current role with the Tour? I've noticed he's
always up on the podium during the stage and GC presentations. Is he part of
the Jean Marie Leblanc appointed staff and wondering if he'll be back next
year?
-tom

I believe he is high up (if not the director) in the Amaury (sp) Sports
organization that runs the Tour de France, among other things.

Tom Nakashima wrote:

"What is Bernard Hinault's current role with the Tour?"

He is the official jersey zipper-upper.

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 00:21:27 GMT, "Ned Buntline" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Tom Nakashima wrote:
>
>"What is Bernard Hinault's current role with the Tour?"
>
>He is the official jersey zipper-upper.

Ned, just wanted to say: nice gun.

Ron

I believe Hinault's official title is technical director. As I recall
his role is to coordinate logistical support such as communications and
race setup..etc. But for all practical purposes Hinaults primary role
is serve as public relations liason to the riders.