Bessette/Jeanson

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tritonrider, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    Is Lyne on form or what? They ride away from the field and Jeanson feels that she needs to sit in
    and suck wheel rather than riding away on the hills like she usually does. Then Jeanson takes the
    sprint. Might be smart riding on Genvieve's part, but I'm amazed that she didn't think she could
    ride away from Lyne on the climb. Manon crashing really sucks too. You've gotta love CanAm women's
    racing. Lyne, Manon, Genvieve, Dede, Laura VanGilder, Tina Mayolo.
    http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/4272.0.html Bill C

    Tags:

  2. "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Is Lyne on form or what? They ride away from the field and Jeanson feels
    that
    > she needs to sit in and suck wheel rather than riding away on the hills
    like
    > she usually does. Then Jeanson takes the sprint. Might be smart riding on Genvieve's part, but I'm
    > amazed that she didn't think she could ride away
    from
    > Lyne on the climb. Manon crashing really sucks too. You've gotta love CanAm women's racing. Lyne,
    > Manon, Genvieve, Dede,
    Laura
    > VanGilder, Tina Mayolo. http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/4272.0.html Bill C

    Lyne is having a great season so far. Bummer for Manon, she was having a good season. Yes, canada
    has more then it's share of great women riders. I think Melchers is finally coming into form. Looks
    like LZ main goal this year is the hour record. She has won like about four races in Europe but I
    think she focused on the only thing that eludes her, the hour record. How about that Longo? Wins the
    French TT nationals.

    B-

  3. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: "Bruce Johnston" [email protected]

    >How about that Longo? Wins the French TT nationals.
    >
    >B-

    Longo is just off the scale for amazing. What is she 44 now? just incredible. Bill C

  4. [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
    > You've gotta love CanAm women's racing.

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

    -RJ

  5. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >[email protected] (Ronaldo Jeremiah)

    >[email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
    >> You've gotta love CanAm women's racing.
    >
    >zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........
    >
    >-RJ

    Hey if your not into watching fit, athletic women in spandex that's your thing. Maybe your into
    Pamela (had silicone pumped everywhere) Anderson. The men get the spotlight but I've seen some
    really good racing from the women that just get's ignored because "they're women and it can't be
    good racing". Personally I like to see a good race with a story whether it's a Juniors, Pro men,
    Pro women, or even Cat4 women. I worked a women's Cat4 race a while ago as the motor official. It
    was on a rolling course with a few good climbs. There were attacks, counters, breakaways and
    generally some really good action. The shame was they were caught by the ,i believe Cat3 men, and
    neutralized which brought a 2 rider break that was about a minute up and really hammering. Are they
    going to beat the Pro Men? No. Do they bust their asses training and racing, IMHO Yes. There is
    some good racing going on that your missing. Bill C

  6. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, TritonRider <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >[email protected] (Ronaldo Jeremiah)
    >
    > >[email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
    > >> You've gotta love CanAm women's racing.
    > >
    > >zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........
    > >
    > >-RJ
    > >

    > Hey if your not into watching fit, athletic women in spandex that's your thing.

    Like the fat one named Tuetenberg?

    WG

  7. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, TritonRider <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >From: warren [email protected] Date: 7/1/2003 9:37 PM Eastern
    >
    > >Like the fat one named Tuetenberg?
    > >
    > >WG
    >
    > She can sprint though, can't she.

    Yeah, if she was seen wearing a masters champion jersey Henry wouldn't be able to control himself.

    -WG

  8. Raptor

    Raptor Guest

    TritonRider wrote:
    >>[email protected] (Ronaldo Jeremiah)
    >

    >>[email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
    >>
    >>> You've gotta love CanAm women's racing.
    >>
    >>zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........
    >>
    >>-RJ
    >>

    > Hey if your not into watching fit, athletic women in spandex that's your
    > thing. Maybe your into Pamela (had silicone pumped everywhere) Anderson. The

    I wanna watch fit, athletic women with silicone pumped everywhere, in spandex.

  9. "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:010720032032060720%[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, TritonRider
    > <[email protected]om> wrote:
    >
    > > >From: warren [email protected] Date: 7/1/2003 9:37 PM Eastern
    > >
    > > >Like the fat one named Tuetenberg?
    > > >
    > > >WG
    > >
    > > She can sprint though, can't she.
    >
    > Yeah, if she was seen wearing a masters champion jersey Henry wouldn't be able to control himself.

    True, she would be the best looking Masters Champ around.

  10. "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Personally I like to see a good race with a story whether it's a
    Juniors, Pro
    > men, Pro women, or even Cat4 women. I worked a women's Cat4 race a while ago as the motor
    > official. It
    was on a
    > rolling course with a few good climbs. There were attacks, counters,
    breakaways
    > and generally some really good action. The shame was they were
    caught by the ,i
    > believe Cat3 men, and neutralized which brought a 2 rider break that
    was about
    > a minute up and really hammering. Are they going to beat the Pro
    Men? No. Do
    > they bust their asses training and racing, IMHO Yes. There is some
    good racing
    > going on that your missing.

    Well said.

    It's also worth pointing out that it's not appropriate to expect as much action from a field of,
    say, 20 riders doing a 50 mile race as a field of 100 riders over the same distance. There's a
    commnet in the recent Susanne Ljungskog diary at cyclingnews.com about this. Whereas the world
    championship RR she won had a spectacular finale.

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  11. "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Personally I like to see a good race with a story whether it's a
    > Juniors, Pro
    > > men, Pro women, or even Cat4 women. I worked a women's Cat4 race a while ago as the motor
    > > official. It
    > was on a
    > > rolling course with a few good climbs. There were attacks, counters,
    > breakaways
    > > and generally some really good action. The shame was they were
    > caught by the ,i
    > > believe Cat3 men, and neutralized which brought a 2 rider break that
    > was about
    > > a minute up and really hammering. Are they going to beat the Pro
    > Men? No. Do
    > > they bust their asses training and racing, IMHO Yes. There is some
    > good racing
    > > going on that your missing.
    >
    > Well said.
    >
    > It's also worth pointing out that it's not appropriate to expect as much action from a field of,
    > say, 20 riders doing a 50 mile race as a field of 100 riders over the same distance. There's a
    > commnet in the recent Susanne Ljungskog diary at cyclingnews.com about this. Whereas the world
    > championship RR she won had a spectacular finale.

    Yeah, the Dutch are still upset over that. They think Susanne tried to bump Mirjam off. Mirjam
    actually got more coverage in that race then any other girl, but only because of the crash. Phil
    said it was one of the better women's races in recent memory. Not sure if I agree with that but it
    was spiced up by rain and the crashes. We just don't know for the most part what races are
    spectacular until we read about it or someone tells. If we are there firsthand then we know.

    The big ones like Redlands, Liberty Classic, we know but there isn't any coverage nationwide except
    some small clips on OLN and some local stuff. There is not much to get excited about because there
    is nothing to watch. No coverage, No videos. How many women's cycling videos are there? None? How
    many women's races does WCP sell? Even Bicivideo only has a little. How many women's cycling
    magazines are there?

    If you look real hard at a lot of different websites you can pick up all the bits and pieces and
    stay interested but for the common cyclist who would enjoy the women's races there is just not
    enough material to easily access to get excited about. Even Europe is in a slump. I heard there was
    a holdup this year with the Tour De Femmes but it's on track now. Other women's events in Europe
    have been threaten this year by lack of funding and registering late. On the other hand women's
    ridership here in the USA seems to be increasing from small events to larger events.

    That should help women's cycling here if women get more involved and the numbers increase. All they
    need is a big spokesman. Maybe Bruckner can put down her diary and do more for the cause. In the NL
    LZ gives women's cycling clinic. In France Longo helps with cycling clinics. If some of these girls
    here in the USA stop viewing racing as a social gathering and start looking at the aspects for the
    future of their sport then you might see change, and more of this stuff on TV and on videos someday.

    End of rant.

    B-

  12. Lewdvig

    Lewdvig Guest

    I only shop at Rona because they give me two of the things I love in life:

    Colnagos to look at. Pretty girls riding Colnagos to look at.

  13. Lewdvig wrote:
    > I only shop at Rona because they give me two of the things I love in life:
    >
    > Colnagos to look at. Pretty girls riding Colnagos to look at.

    Ah, that explains my recent cravings for Tim Horton's coffee.

    --
    Dominic Richens | [email protected] "If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

  14. Lewdvig

    Lewdvig Guest

    At least we got to see an hour of the CDN ladies and mens road race yesterday.

    They are both cute (Jeanson 1st, Bessette 2nd)