Best aluminum Road frames

531Aussie said:
I have a Proxima (Basically the same frame as the Xperience), which is fantastic, but I ride like a duck, and my heels kept whacking the chainstays.
If the lack of heel clearance happens, again, with another frame (if you no longer have the Proxima), consider trying a longer BB spindle ...

For example, I found that a 112.5 XTR Octalink BB works well with all the Shimano Octalink ROAD cranks ... it has allowed me to swap between a double & triple crankset with only a simple adjustment to the front derailleur stop.

If you need more heel clearance (I'm presuming the cleats are already mounted as far inboard on your shoes as they can go to get your feet out a little wider), you could possibly use the BB intended for a triple (I'm presumnig that you are not using a MegaExo-type crank ... but, you could pony-up for a triple crank & remove the granny if you determine that the additional spindle width will resolve the heel clearance problem).

Same principle for Campy/ISIS/whatever cranks ... try using the BB intended for a triple. You may have to move your saddle down a couple of millimeters, BTW; or, not.

alfeng said:
If the lack of heel clearance happens, again, with another frame (if you no longer have the Proxima), consider trying a longer BB spindle ... .
thanks

it looks like I'm going to be selling the frame. I thought about a wider BB, but at the time I'd spent a fortune on 10 speed Dura-Ace cranks, so i wanted to use them :)

The heel thing isn't a problem on my other bikes, although I can hit the stay if I really try.

It's bummer the way the Cinelli stays jut right out, and the spot i was hitting is about 25cm from the centre of the BB

cinelli_rear_stays.jpg

531Aussie said:
thanks

it looks like I'm going to be selling the frame. I thought about a wider BB, but at the time I'd spent a fortune on 10 speed Dura-Ace cranks, so i wanted to use them :)

The heel thing isn't a problem on my other bikes, although I can hit the stay if I really try.

It's bummer the way the Cinelli stays jut right out, and the spot i was hitting is about 25cm from the centre of the BB

cinelli_rear_stays.jpg
I hit the crank arm instead of the chainstays. I think it is also sleat positioning and pedalling style.

Nice frame colour btw;)

bobbyOCR said:
I hit the crank arm instead of the chainstays. I think it is also sleat positioning and pedalling style.
yeah, I hit the crank too. I even filed some of the plastic off my shoe heels :)