Best Between Scott Aspect 750, Rockhopper 29 And Marlin

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by aniket.g21, Jun 8, 2015.

1. aniket.g21

aniket.g21 New Member

Hello Experts,
    I wish to but an entry level MTB and have shortlisted below three. Need your expertise to help me choose one of these

1. Scott Aspect 750
    2. Specialized RockHopper 29
    3. Trek Marlin.

Looking for a bike around 700$ SGD. Other suggestions are welcome !!

Tags:
    Mablecype likes this.

2. 9lines

9lines Member

I prefer the The SCOTT Aspect 750 since it features a super light Alloy Frame. The series comes fully equipped with a FOX CTD fork, along with RideLoc technology to allow for three travel settings to always optimize one's ride. It is is designed to be efficient and it is reasonably priced.

3. ABNPFDR

ABNPFDR Member

None of the above. There is no such thing as an entry level MTB. This is a cold hard reality of mountain biking.

If you actually plan on riding the bike over roots, rocks and typical cross country single track than you will quickly discover that all those bikes are too heavy, the shock does not respond properly and the gears don't change quick enough or even at all in many of the situations you will find yourself in.

I don't know the Scott line well enough but the rockhopper expert or above ($1150) is my bottom line entry bike that I recommend to customers. I flat out tell people looking below that line that they are wasting their money for riding on trails. And if you're NOT riding on trails, then why are they looking at mountain bikes. The Marlin is a great bike for my 13 year old son (I just bought him a Marlin 6) but is ill equipped for the trails. The only dirt his will ever see is my front lawn.

A good bike, with an air shock, hydro brakes and SRAM X9 or Shimano SLX and above is really what is needed to ride good single track and for that you're looking at around $1600.