Best bike deal ever

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
Honest (as seen at BikeSnobNYC): http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/bik/2744623667.html

I've seen that sort of **** all over Craigslist. In Detroit a guy was trying to sell a, quote "rare vintage top of the line 1980 Motobecane Grand Jubile ultralight professional racing bike favored by European racing pros in the 80's" for $2,500 and went on to say he had seen similar bikes go for $4,000 on E-Bay! Then another ad in Indianapolis was trying to sell a vintage made in America racing bike for $800...it was a Schwinn Varsity MIXTE!!! One guy posted a Vitus 979 with a bent top tube and down tube right at the head tube, plus the fork was bent back, and called it a rare Time Trial bike" and made note of the bending saying that it was designed at the factory that way for faster handling due to the compact geometry, and was trying to get $1500 and then said that price was steal because it was so rare!! Compact geometry? more like impact geometry.

It does make one wonder if anyone is stupid enough to buy stuff like that.

Thanks. Now I know why that Vitus rides so funny. Do women ride in the Tour de France?

Originally Posted by AlanG .

Thanks. Now I know why that Vitus rides so funny. Do women ride in the Tour de France?

didn't you know, that all the women racing in the tour de france ride mixte bikes.

Originally Posted by Froze .

didn't you know, that all the women racing in the tour de france ride mixte bikes.
Not mountain bikes like the one pictured for the off road segments?