Best Bike Frame In The World

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by rossoreduk, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Bripeters

Bripeters New Member

I am found of De Rosa..been around 50years..ridden by numerous champions( one by the name of Merckx ) they still build there own frames. Heres a photo of my ride

2. lokstah

lokstah New Member

DeRosa makes lovely bikes. I've always lusted after them. I'd love a Corum, or a Dual. Enjoy that thing... give it love.

3. Rudy

Rudy New Member

how about a Derosa King!!

4. djg21

djg21 New Member

5. zewol

zewol New Member

As a badminton player I truly know that there are no 'perfect' racquet, but every player has one that fits its own game style...

Isn't it the same for bikes???

6. labicci

labicci New Member

The same goes for badminton shoes. I have owned a few pairs of Japanese shoes and a pair of British shoes, but currently only wear Chinese shoes which are a lot cheaper. Although the Chinese badminton shoes offer very little protection, they seem to be more durable then the Japanese ones, and with their thinner soles are in fact more suitable for badminton play that requires fast footwork.

L.B.

7. Bititanio

Bititanio New Member

I am bery partial to Colnago's -- love the crisp handling and responsive accelleration and braking. They have a "feel" that sets them apart from others I've tried. And they look great, too. I have a Bititanio, a Dream and a new C50

8. BaCardi

BaCardi New Member

Custom anything.

9. Corsaire

Corsaire New Member

Bianchi bikes...BEST frames in the world, PERIOD!

Corsaire
    (I'm biased)

10. dkrenik

dkrenik Member

Fit is what's important. Not just physical but also fit for your style of riding (TT, crits, etc.). Go to a good shop and get fitted - you might find that an off the rack frame will work fine - or that you need to look for a frame builder. I ride a 57cm Yamaguchi w/59cm tt - custom in deed.

11. BaCardi

BaCardi New Member

Yo dkrenik,
    How do you like that Yamaguchi? I heard that he built some track bikes for the US Olympic Team years back.

12. sea

sea New Member

I'll probably offend the purest but I'm partial to the Litespeed Tuscany.

13. lokstah

lokstah New Member

Yeah really; that's a classy ride! I'd also like to get my hands on an Eisentraut someday too.

14. mrowkoob

mrowkoob New Member

Best performance bikes for a oneday roadrace not involving cobbles:

My choice: Klein Quantum Pro or Principia REX Pro (new 04 model is called Evolution) stiff both as hell for responsiveness and crispness and maximizing power transfer. An alternative could be Cannondale CAAD 6 which is the stiffest Cannondale ever made.(Caad 7 is to wobbly)

Involving cobbles (Paris-Roubaix style): Any carbon or titanium frame shock absorbing. take your pick from c40-50, litespeed vortex, Giant composite, Oclv....or even a cannondale with headshock
    This category would also involve any major tour since comfort is a factor in prolonged riding (excluding the cannondale headshock).

TT and Tri: Cervelo, simply unbeaten

For a recreational rider with absolutetely no aspirations except recreation, a custom made steel frame. Perfect for the recreational rider, comfort ,custom fit , weight is almost no issue with new tubing around nowadays cost can be kept at a minimum compared to brandnames and you get a frame made just for you.

For the aspiring recreational rider.... well it´s all in your mind if a C50 makes you feel good and money is no issue... buy one. Never heard of anyone regretting it. Although it´s pretty embarrasing (I think) to be fat and sloppy on a C50, 5 miles behind the peloton after 10 miles of racing.

Personally I´ve owned. Pinarello Sestriere (steel), Galileo (alu), Paris (alu) Prince Sl alu/carbon
    Principia Rex pro
    Klein Quantum pro-
    Colnago dream plus. alu

I currently own the Klein and the Sestriere.
    I started my biking as a Pinarello owner seduced by the brand and the history and the many many riders (Indurain,Riis,Ullrich,Zabel, Petacchi and so on and on)
    I loved my Pinarellos. Thought they were unparalelled. But!
    One day I tried a Principia. I was dumbfounded.... My Prince felt like an unresponsive Pinto compared to a ferarilike directness of the Principia. I bought one and never looked back. realized I had bought into the hype.

Dont get me wrong pinarellos are beautiful objects, but not the best bikes in the world!

So one drawback with a hypers sensitive sharklike racebike like a principia is absolutely no comfort. While in a race... you dont care. While enjoying a recrational ride... well you do. So I kept my trusty old steel frame for just that.

Along the Klein which I bought after loosing the Principia in a crash. Just as perfect as the Principia in handling and directness. But more refined in welding and paintjob. I´d say it exceeds the paintjob on any Pinarello I´ve owned.

Now the Quatum pro comes with a carbon b-stay which makes it more comfortable than a Principia I guess (havent tried it)

Thus my vote: Klein Quantum Pro

15. lokstah

lokstah New Member

Another Klein vote! Woo hoo! (soon to be Klein owner...)

16. dhk

dhk New Member

My vote is for my new SANO............first ride on it today!

Dan

17. lokstah

lokstah New Member

Awesome, dhk. Looks like a great rig. I think I can see it all, but could you post your specs?

18. rossoreduk

rossoreduk New Member

Right that does it i'm off to buy a Klein 2004 frame! : )

19. dhk

dhk New Member

Frame is Columbus Zonal AL, with monobox chain stay, Megatech BB and Ouzo Pro fork. Components are DA 9 sp triple with FSA Carbon Team Pro crank. SSM Aspide saddle is sitting on a Thomson Elite post. Wheels are Velomax Circuit Comp with Conti 3000 rubber. The bike weighs 17 lb, 14 oz with Speedplay Zero pedals.

Dan

20. lokstah

lokstah New Member

Congratulations... sounds fit to be babied for years. I don't know anything about this frambuilder, other than that I'm guessing they're American. How does it ride?