Best bike maintenance repair manual

Studiocat

Jan 8, 2008
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some book recommendations. Could you suggest your favourite bicycle repair and maintenance manual? It must have a section on disc brakes.

Cheers!
Adam

I own 2, The Park Tool "Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair" and "Bicycle Maintenance and Repair" by Todd Downs. I like the Park Tool one better because it has color photos and seems more trustworthy.

I've had great support from Todd Down's "The Bicycling Guide to Complete Bicycle Maintenance & Repair for Road & Mountain Bikes" from Rodale Press. It is available in most major book stores for around $20.00. Park Tools also has a great on-line reference on their website. The downside is that, unless you are using a laptop, it is sometimes difficult to have the bike and computer in the same location.

I have "Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance", it's pretty good. It has blow-out drawings of all bicycle components, and detailed instructions on how to repair, and clean everything. He also has books out for Mountain and Track bikes, but I have a feeling most of the differences are edge cases, and you'll probably be able to puzzle out the other two if you by the Road edition.