Best bike race?

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Justice, Sep 3, 2003.

  1. Justice

    Justice Guest

    What is the best bicycle race to exist?

    Tags:

  2. Mike Kruger

    Mike Kruger Guest

    "Justice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What is the best bicycle race to exist?

    By what criterion?

    Certainly the most famous race is the Tour de France. However, the best bike race -- for you --
    might be the "amateur racing night" at a local Velodrome.

    Moving beyond "races" to "events", the Paris-Brest-Paris brevet, which is a "rally" of 1200 km in
    about 90 hours held only every 4 years, sticks out for
    me. This is perhaps because I think, if I really worked at it, I might, just might, get in good
    enough shape to do it.