Best bike rack for 2" hitch. Thule, Yakima, etc???

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Some Dude, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Some Dude

    Some Dude Guest

    What's the best rack for the money.. I only need it for two bikes. I am looking at this thule one
    for 129.00.

    TIA

    > What's the best rack for the money.. I only need it for two bikes. I am looking at this thule one
    > for 129.00.
    >
    > TIA

    Are they diamond frame hardtail bikes or full suspension?
    --
    _________________________

  3. Zebu

    Zebu Guest

    I have a 2 bike / 2" hitch mount rack from http://hollywoodracks.com/

    Never had a problem with it. Must be around 6 years old now and still works fine.

    Zebu

  4. Some Dude wrote:
    > What's the best rack for the money..

    Thule Space Station

    > I only need it for two bikes.

    That's what you think..

  5. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:MPG.1856f1685ff3[email protected]...
    > > What's the best rack for the money.. I only need it for two bikes. I am
    looking at this thule one for 129.00.

    Ahh...you only *think* you need it for two. Only $30 will get you room for two more bikes. Think of
    your friends man!

    > > TIA
    > >

    > Are they diamond frame hardtail bikes or full suspension?
    > --

    Doesn't matter all you need is one of these:

    http://www.yakima.com/products/dynamic/8002531_2.html

    Thule make one too, of course.

    http://www.thuleracks.com/thule/product.asp?dept_id=12&sku=982

    Mike

  6. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    "Zebu" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have a 2 bike / 2" hitch mount rack from http://hollywoodracks.com/
    >
    > Never had a problem with it. Must be around 6 years old now and still
    works
    > fine.
    >
    > Zebu

    yep.. I've their 4 bike... it' takes a beating great. Not flimsy at all, even with 4 bikes on it.

    penny

  7. Combfilter

    Combfilter Guest

  8. > Doesn't matter all you need is one of these:

    > http://www.yakima.com/products/dynamic/8002531_2.html
    >
    > Thule make one too, of course.
    >
    > http://www.thuleracks.com/thule/product.asp?dept_id=12&sku=982
    >
    > Mike

    If you get a two bar rack you don't need one of those adapters on most full suspension designs. One
    less pain in the ass to worry about. Especially if you have to buy them for your "friends". :)
    --