Best bike shoe for quick transition?

Billx

Guest
I have a wide at the forefoot size 10 foot. What have similarly sized men found to be the easiest
shoe/cleet to get in/out of while keeping the shoe cleeted to the pedals? I currently use Times
pedals and the shoes have an inner elastic that makes insertion while clipped into pedals difficult.

"BillX" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I have a wide at the forefoot size 10 foot. What have similarly sized men found to be the easiest
> shoe/cleet to get in/out of while keeping the shoe cleeted to the pedals? I currently use Times
> pedals and the shoes have an inner elastic that makes insertion while clipped into pedals
> difficult.

Yes, I know - leaving the shoes cleated might save you a few seconds. However, it's also a heck of a
lot harder to get your shoes on. Unless you are a master at performing this acrobatic feat, I'd
suggest simply doing it the old fashioned way. There are a number of quality tri shoes out there,
with but one strap. I have a great pair of Carnacs myself. They're quite easy to fit into. Of
course, I do it off the bike... :)

I have used Carnac shoes and like them a lot. Recently I bought a pair of Sidi shoes and liked them
even better. The Carnac seem a little wider so you may like them better. The Sidi's seemed a little
narrower which worked better for me.

The Sidi's have 2 velcro straps but you only need to open one of them. The Carnac's just use one big
velcro strap.

Good luck.