Best bike shoe for quick transition?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Billx, Jun 8, 2003.

  1. Billx

    Billx Guest

    I have a wide at the forefoot size 10 foot. What have similarly sized men found to be the easiest
    shoe/cleet to get in/out of while keeping the shoe cleeted to the pedals? I currently use Times
    pedals and the shoes have an inner elastic that makes insertion while clipped into pedals difficult.

    Tags:

  2. Topdog

    Topdog Guest

    "BillX" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have a wide at the forefoot size 10 foot. What have similarly sized men found to be the easiest
    > shoe/cleet to get in/out of while keeping the shoe cleeted to the pedals? I currently use Times
    > pedals and the shoes have an inner elastic that makes insertion while clipped into pedals
    > difficult.

    Yes, I know - leaving the shoes cleated might save you a few seconds. However, it's also a heck of a
    lot harder to get your shoes on. Unless you are a master at performing this acrobatic feat, I'd
    suggest simply doing it the old fashioned way. There are a number of quality tri shoes out there,
    with but one strap. I have a great pair of Carnacs myself. They're quite easy to fit into. Of
    course, I do it off the bike... :)

  3. Rivermist

    Rivermist Guest

    I have used Carnac shoes and like them a lot. Recently I bought a pair of Sidi shoes and liked them
    even better. The Carnac seem a little wider so you may like them better. The Sidi's seemed a little
    narrower which worked better for me.

    The Sidi's have 2 velcro straps but you only need to open one of them. The Carnac's just use one big
    velcro strap.

    Good luck.