best bike shops in oz???

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Angelfilter, Mar 14, 2004.

  1. Angelfilter

    Angelfilter Guest

    anyone got a list???

    Tags:

  2. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    there's one in Adelaide in the central area (southern side) but I cant remember the name!

    Huge and stocks a HUGE range of brands, types (recumbants, electric, tandems, as well as lots of exotica too)

    vicmtb is pretty cool if that's youre thang
    and alas christies is no longer

    apart from that every other shop i can think of i just associate with a particular brand 9that's the giant/trek/cannondale/orbea/bianchi/avanti, etc shop as distributors now dicate tho shops to take their entire range or nothing

    sadly we as consumers are just there to fill the niche of liquid asset!
    (so young and so jaded...)

  3. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806
  4. "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:D[email protected]...
    > there's one in Adelaide in the central area (southern
    > side) but I cant remember the name!
    >
    > Huge and stocks a HUGE range of brands, types (recumbants,
    > electric, tandems, as well as lots of exotica too)

    That'd be Bicycle Express?! www.bicycleexpress.com.au

  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Well done gemma, that's the one!

  6. Bluenose

    Bluenose Guest

    Nice to see you supporting your sponsor there Gemma ;)

    --

    John Staines Acquisition Department Phone: +61 8 8303 5347
    Barr Smith Library Fax: +61 8 8303 8097 University of

    Email: [email protected]

    CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
    This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and
    contains information that may be confidential and/or
    copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please
    notify the sender by reply email and immediately delete this
    email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by
    anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
    prohibited. No representation is made that this email or any
    attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is

  7. "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Well done gemma, that's the one!

    Most of my spare money goes there (and some not spare), I
    recognised your description straightaway!

    Cheers Gemma

  8. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    now why isnt there one like that in Melbourne?

    Adelaide is a very long ride just to lok in the window!

    Lovin that old freeway too now its so quiet. those last couple of sweeps as you approach and go round the (devil's?) elbow are way cool. If i owned a bobcat I could maybe build one in my backyard....