Best Bike Transporting SUV/VAN???

I haul my fully assembled road bike in the passenger seat of my '93 thunderbird coupe. The door is big enough to get the bike in and then I just fold driver seat fwd for a moment and lay passenger seat back, then I lay bike on passenger seat and once the bike is in I fold the driver's seat back into place. No room for a passenger this way, but it works great when it's just me. I'm looking at suvs now though, because my tbird is rusting out and rear wheel drive is no good on snow and ice.

Nothing beats a Mini-Van for interior cargo space - except for maybe a mega-van. You can pack the larger minivans full of obscene loads that put SUVs to shame.

I can transport my bike intact and upright inside our Town and Country with my three kids, wife and groceries. My father in law can barely wedge in a bike on its side, with the back seats folded down in his highlander.

However, most of the time, I use a hitch rack on my sedan to transport my bicycles. The van belongs to my lady. I switch the rack over to the van for family outings.

Me and me wife just bought a VW routan 2010 model mini van, and we are very happy with how much room is in it, my little 17months old son loves it too and the best of it all is that by putting the back seats down there is enough room to put me bike and me wifes bike in there too while the baby seats comfortably in the front back seat...best investment we ever made and nice family car as well..:)