Best Brompton light?

elyob

Guest
I keep breaking the stupid flipping light that came as standard on my
Brompton. Well, I keep breaking the bracket when I let the bars swing
down as I keep forgetting to twist it. So, I'm now officially peeved
with them and wish to replace with something short and stubby. Any
recommendations. It's really just for London, but could do with some
power in them to see ahead on full power.
Thanks

"elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>I keep breaking the stupid flipping light that came as standard on my
> Brompton. Well, I keep breaking the bracket when I let the bars swing
> down as I keep forgetting to twist it. So, I'm now officially peeved
> with them and wish to replace with something short and stubby. Any
> recommendations. It's really just for London, but could do with some
> power in them to see ahead on full power.

Can you guess my answer? :)

(Ok, it's probably more money than you want to spend - but it does work)

cheers,
clive

On 19 Feb, 17:10, "Clive George" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >I keep breaking the stupid flipping light that came as standard on my
> > Brompton. Well, I keep breaking the bracket when I let the bars swing
> > down as I keep forgetting to twist it. So, I'm now officially peeved
> > with them and wish to replace with something short and stubby. Any
> > recommendations. It's really just for London, but could do with some
> > power in them to see ahead on full power.

> Can you guess my answer? :)
>
> (Ok, it's probably more money than you want to spend - but it does work)
>
> cheers,
> clive

Oh, and not dynamos .... thanks :)

elyob wrote:
> I keep breaking the stupid flipping light that came as standard on my
> Brompton. Well, I keep breaking the bracket when I let the bars swing
> down as I keep forgetting to twist it. So, I'm now officially peeved
> with them and wish to replace with something short and stubby. Any
> recommendations. It's really just for London, but could do with some
> power in them to see ahead on full power.
> Thanks

I broke the bracket of the front light on my new brommie as well some
weeks ago. Since then I have been using an LED front light from Bikehut
(Halfords). Just before Christmas these were on offer. On this you can
adjust the strength with which the light is fitted, so if you attach it
rather loose, the light will just fall off when the bars swing down and
you forgot to twist it up first.
A medium term plan is though to fit a hub dynamo - either the cheap
Dahon model or the SON. Seems much more reliable to me.

Andreas

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:00:41 -0800 (PST), elyob
<[email protected]> said in
<7d58a2a8-7d3d-4207-a298-4f98ed9ac49c@p73g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>:

>I keep breaking the stupid flipping light that came as standard on my
>Brompton. Well, I keep breaking the bracket when I let the bars swing
>down as I keep forgetting to twist it. So, I'm now officially peeved
>with them and wish to replace with something short and stubby. Any
>recommendations. It's really just for London, but could do with some
>power in them to see ahead on full power.

The Brompton light bracket is made of cheese. I tried to persuade
Mr. Burrows to molish a titanium one, but no joy thus far.

Space under the pannier is strictly limited, so i stick with the
standard Brom offering, but I use a white LED blinkie on the bars as
well.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Quoting Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]>:
>Space under the pannier is strictly limited, so i stick with the
>standard Brom offering, but I use a white LED blinkie on the bars as
>well.

With the Schmidt bracket for the E6, a Lumotec Plus fits under there. The
standlight's the weird orange one, but at least it's _a_ standlight.
Today is Second Sunday, February - a weekend.

David Damerell wrote:
> Quoting Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]>:
>> Space under the pannier is strictly limited, so i stick with the
>> standard Brom offering, but I use a white LED blinkie on the bars as
>> well.

> With the Schmidt bracket for the E6, a Lumotec Plus fits under there. The
> standlight's the weird orange one, but at least it's _a_ standlight.

IQ-fly?

http://www.enhydralutris.de/Fahrrad/HPV-Bilder/OlafSchultz/Brompton/IQfly_goes_Brommi/index.html

--
/Marten