Best Chamois Cream??

Ted B

Sep 12, 2003
Quite frankly, I've never used any. I am interested in getting an opinion on which is the best from those who've compared 2 or more different brands.

I've tried a few in my time. Assos is one. It was okay but I found something much better and MUCH cheaper.

Not sure where you are from, however, here in England we have a cream that is widely available called Aqueous cream. It cost about £2 ($3.5) for a massive (and I mean massive) pot of it.

I just slap loads on the chamois/material my butt touches and ride. Never seen a saddle sore since. Works fantastic.

Originally posted by tomUK
Not sure where you are from, however, here in England we have a cream that is widely available called Aqueous cream. It cost about £2 ($3.5) for a massive (and I mean massive) pot of it.

Thanks for the info.

Do you know of any online UK retailers that sell it?

I just used Chamois Butt'r for the first time on a Century yesterday, and it worked great.....no chaffing at all. I'll never go on another long ride without some kind of chamois cream.

I've not heard of "Aqueous Cream", but would like to try something similar which I can buy locally. Is this product sold as hand lotion in the UK, to treat dry chapped skin?

Seems the Butt'r stuff is a lot like a heavy hand cream, or sunscreen lotion. Imagine lots of lotion-products would work.

I like NAQI Leather Cream. It really softens the insert. Never have problems again!!!