Best/coolest bar tape on the market??

whrslshr

Dec 29, 2005
Any suggestions for really different yet functional bar tape? Is there a particular brand that is considered the best?

John

whrslshr said:
Any suggestions for really different yet functional bar tape? Is there a particular brand that is considered the best?

John

nope.. look at the different kinds and get what floats your boat.

whrslshr said:

John

My Avatar makes the BEST of all times.... all times :)
.... and I'm sure several 1000's of people all over the world would agree with me ;)

Nahhh , for real though... starting in like 2000+, there are several good makers of bar tape, Cinelli is the old-skool hip cat in the group... but they sure do have alot of cool colors to choose from :)

Any bar tape thats plain white. I dont know a single person that can pull that off and no matter how good or bad a rider you are, you get noticed right away.

Adam-from-SLO said:
My Avatar makes the BEST of all times.... all times :)
.... and I'm sure several 1000's of people all over the world would agree with me ;)
Mark one down over here. While Cinelli is the classic, I'm sure anything else with natural cork is just as good. I've yet to use a synthetic that grips as well when it's wet.

Ditto Cinelli Cork Ribbon.

I've tried Profile, Silva, Deda and some other brands over the years and Cinelli cork tape remains the best.

But that's just me.

T72

Stella Azzura Spugno has a great feel to it, but you need a putty knife to get it off the bar :eek:. I bought a box of Cinelli cork last year and I peeled off the adhesive. It worked out great (I'm not sure why you even need adhesive, if you know how to wrap a bar). Profile makes a nice cork as well.

If cool is what you want, there is a way to wrap two different colors giving a fancy basket weave effect. I can't now find the web site that shows this, but I bet someone here can.

It has to be Fizik tape, its made out of this micro-tex material which looks and feels like leather.

whrslshr said:

John

whrslshr said:

John

Specialized Phat tape for me.

whrslshr said:

John
I started to use Stella Azzura last year and really like the way if feels. Much more "grippy" and classy looking. They cost $12 -$15 for the tape.

whrslshr said:

John
Stella Azzura for me. It feels like you're riding a porsche when you put this tape on, not that ive ever driven one or riden one for that matter.

jlance83 said:
Stella Azzura for me. It feels like you're riding a porsche when you put this tape on, not that ive ever driven one or riden one for that matter.

Stella Azzurra Stitched Handlebar Tape <--- very nice! just bought some. Thanks!!