Best Courier for Bikes

Mitch Pollard

Guest
I need to send a Bike across Australia Perth to Sydney... normal post... any hints and tips for
packing and tips maybe on which are the best company to go for ? any help is appreciated. thankyou

No, but I need to transport a bike from Oregon, USA to Hawaii, next March when we are going on a biking vacation there. Are there experienced travelers with bikes with ideas of the best way to do this?

The best and easiest thing I have ever found to pack a bike in is the box it came in in the first place, you should be able to either scab one or score it cheap from any decent bike shop. Some minor disassembly required obviously. I have found that all couriers will do their best to damage or destroy it, so padding is essential...and be prepared to PAY!

Personal experiences obviously, others may have better ideas.

"Mitch Pollard" <[email protected]> writes:

> I need to send a Bike across Australia Perth to Sydney... normal post... any hints and tips for
> packing and tips maybe on which are the best company to go for ? any help is appreciated.

If you really want normal post, there's only one company :)

In all seriousness, if you want to know about couriers, I would recommend asking your local bike
shop who they use. You're going to get a better answer from someone who sees a courier handle
hundreds of bikes.

Cheers, Ben

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:10:18 +0800, "Mitch Pollard" <[email protected]> wrote:

When I first red the subject, I mistakenly thought it was "Best Bike for Courier". lol

---
Cheers

PeterC

[Rushing headlong: out of control - and there ain't no stopping]
[and there's nothing you can do about it at all]