Best Cross Bike Under $1500

musazzii

Jul 9, 2004
Hey,

I'm the market for a new cyclo-cross bike. My price range is under $1500. What is the best bike out there (under $1500), and what are the best parts for this price range? One last thing...Shimano or Campy for cross? :confused:

Thankz

I don't have the ultra-helpful post you're looking for, but I will pass on what I learned from my research over the exact same criteria.

The LeMond Poprad is a very good choice. The 2004 model is often cited as the deal of the year. At my LBS, I heard the 2005's were going to be about $1200, so I went and got a new 2002 (display bike) on Ebay for $610.

I haven't heard anything bad about the Felt XO1 either, so consider it.

Felt, Fuji, Redline and Cannondale each have a complete cross bike for around $14-1500. Trek has one but it doesn't have as much to offer as the others for the asking price. Your best bet price wise will probably be to get a prebuilt model.

musazzii said:
Hey,

I'm the market for a new cyclo-cross bike. My price range is under $1500. What is the best bike out there (under $1500), and what are the best parts for this price range? One last thing...Shimano or Campy for cross? :confused:

Thankz

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/surly-cross-check.html#complete
$908 and other versions for a little more.
Campy isn't into many components for cross so it's a selection of Shimano abd a few others like SRAM/Avid