Best Cycling Song Ever ! (Nominations)

I am usually singing (in my head):
Doors - Roadhouse Blues
Stones - Get Off My Cloud
John Lennon - Instant Karma
or any variety of Red Hot Chili Peppers songs.

Not really songs about bicycling, but they are catchy:)

Far and away, my #1:

"Jumpin' Jack Flash" by the Stones

Second, "The Seeker" by the Who

Daremo said:
Mr. Steve Harris writes some good epic songs ..... makes for good long pulls! Had Dance of Death come up during my ride yesterday right while I was climbing ....... (have my Dell Jukebox on random metal for rides).

Slayer is so fast the head gets banging in the middle of the ride.

I always wonder what people think when I am stopped at a stoplight and am sitting there banging and playing air guitar while I wait for the light to change!

Dance of death is an excellent album . Now that Adrian Smith is back in the band I think the level of song writing has gone up a couple of notches....Great stuff.
I took an Emperor Cd "Lay thorns on my grave" on a ride today . I had to wait for the bunch at the top of nearly every hill.. Lol! That's nice fast stuff.
Great to see there's other metalhead riders.

\m/ :mad: \m/

Lonnie Utah said:
http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

This one WON'T make the list I promise....

This is pure evil........ i like

Ok my choice
IronMan - Die Krupps (This Body is invincible, perfection is the princpal)
Anything that Clock D.V.A Did
or anything that floats in to my head at the time.
(sorry no links o any of these)

Not a song, but an instrumental: "Ride of the Valkyries" - Wagner (remember Apocalypse Now?)

Against the Wind -Bob Seger
Riders on the Storm -The Doors
Tonight We Ride -Tom Russell

I also vote for Kraftwerk's Tour de France. This album captures the true spirit of cycling and exalts man's capacity of beautiful efficiency. It is also musically superior to all prior nominations.

Ahhh, Ministry. I like burning inside. Another great climbing song. We'll need some seconds to get it on the list.

I think I want propose "Eric B and Rakim's" "I ain't no joke", I really like this one (esp. the sample from "the JB's (James Brown) "Pass the peas". I'm putting this on up just to get a rap song on the list. Any seconds?

I still want to get some music from other genres on the list, which is BTW.....

Cake - the Distance
Bush - Machine Head
James Brown - Living in America
Kraftwerk - Tour de France
New Order/Orgy - Blue Monday
Tom Cochrane - Life is a highway
Manowar - Wheels of Fire
Flight of the Valkyries - Wagner

I'm still playing with the short list. If you make several suggestions, I'll pick what I personally think is the best and put it on. If I think a songs good enough without a second I'll put it on. If you think I'm out of my mind for what I've included or excluded, lobby me. I'm pretty easy to convince....

Still having fun with this,
L

Pretty much anything by The Cars - not the deepest music ever made, but it's always up tempo and good traveling music. Great for keeping the cadence up.

Golden Brown, the Stranglers.

Sunrise, still late summer morning, magpies singing to the dawn, dew licking everything it touches and light peircing every living thing with its warmth, tempo climbing the inclines around the channon, far North coast, NSW Australia.
Pure soul .

Lonnie Utah said:
Ahhh, Ministry. I like burning inside. Another great climbing song. We'll need some seconds to get it on the list.

I think I want propose "Eric B and Rakim's" "I ain't no joke", I really like this one (esp. the sample from "the JB's (James Brown) "Pass the peas". I'm putting this on up just to get a rap song on the list. Any seconds?

I still want to get some music from other genres on the list, which is BTW.....

Cake - the Distance
Bush - Machine Head
James Brown - Living in America
Kraftwerk - Tour de France
New Order/Orgy - Blue Monday
Tom Cochrane - Life is a highway
Manowar - Wheels of Fire
Flight of the Valkyries - Wagner

I'm still playing with the short list. If you make several suggestions, I'll pick what I personally think is the best and put it on. If I think a songs good enough without a second I'll put it on. If you think I'm out of my mind for what I've included or excluded, lobby me. I'm pretty easy to convince....

Still having fun with this,
L

Utah: This is a great idea. Once the list is complete, you should mix a CD and sell copies. I can already tell you that I want one.

Jupiler said:
You should try Fu Manchu's 'King Of The Road'. The whole album is great. I listen to it alot while riding, either car or bike. Especially: Hell On Wheels ("Hell on wheels ain't no big deal, roads burning all across the land...") and King Of the Road ("King of the road sez' you move too slow...") :cool:

http://www.artistdirect.com/store/artist/album/0,,960902,00.html

I nominate "Paper Roses" by Marie Osmond.....

WHAT???

how bout

Rammstein- Du Hast
moby- extreme ways
queen- prince's of the universe
smashmouth- walking on the sun
animals- house of the rising sun
cheap trick- surrender
doors- peace frog
huey lewis and the news- power of love
kenny loggins- highway to the danger zone

Rage Against the Machine's first album.

Best song for going up hills - 'Killing in the name of' - F.U. i won't do what you tell me.......'.