Best Cycling Song Ever ! (Nominations)

If you want a song that really does motivate then how about Motivational by The Toadies.

Definitely Rammstein for the hills - before I looked up the lyrics I assigned my own imagined translastion... Am I going to let this hill get me off my bike? - NEIN!

As for New Order I'm suprised nobody's mentioned True Faith ! Pefect for sunrise rides.

Crazy Train by Ozzy is great too - used to listenening to it while riding so for the longest time i thought he was singing " ankle bones still screaming... driving me insane" :p

Jupiler said:
You should try Fu Manchu's 'King Of The Road'. The whole album is great. I listen to it alot while riding, either car or bike. Especially: Hell On Wheels ("Hell on wheels ain't no big deal, roads burning all across the land...") and King Of the Road ("King of the road sez' you move too slow...") :cool:

http://www.artistdirect.com/store/artist/album/0,,960902,00.html
I picked up this album from the library and it's great. Now in heavy rotation on the MP3 player.....

L

Lonnie Utah said:
I picked up this album from the library and it's great. Now in heavy rotation on the MP3 player.....

L
Midnight Oil's 'King of the Mountain'. What else when go up those big hills?

At the risk of being a big big geek, who (at least us non teenager folks) could forget Mendelssohn's "Italian" symphony - the song used in Breaking Away, when Dave does his (I think) nearly impossible fast draft of the 18 wheeler.

Queens bicycle race HAS to be on there.......even if i am not listening to headphones i automatically sing it at the to[p of my lungs every time i get on my bicycle!

taliya

When cyling the songs that pop into my head do so mainly by cadence. But I have to give "Marathon" by Rush its due.

Other songs: ( a partial list)
Can I Play with Madness- Maiden, as in I gotta be crazy to climb that hill:D
Neon Knights- Black Sabbath
Summer Song- Joe Satriani
Southbound- Allman Bros
Kick it out- Heart
Black Out- Scorpions or Bleck OW! by SKOHPIAHHNS:D
The race sequence from Bill Cosby's GoCarts routine

Earworms: (terrible songs you can't shake from your head)
Ice Ice baby- Vanilla Ice
Relax- Frankie goes to hollywood
that stupid wake-me-up before you go-go song by Wham

Well I don't ever listen to music when I ride...but I do tend to sing "Run Thriugh The Jungle" by Creedence Clearwater Revival to myself when I am out on a country road.

I am weird!

I don't listen to music a whole lot when i ride but when I do my favorites are...

Thursday - War All the Time
Taking Back Sunday - Cut(e) from the team without the E
The Offspring - The Kids aren't Alright
The Killers - Jenny was a Friend of Mine
Cake - The Distance

Those are really good when going out for a run too

I'd have to cast my vote for "Rollin" from Limp Bizkit.

Second pick would be CCR's "Run Through the Jungle."

TOTO - Affrica

Man in Motion (St Elmos Fire) - John Parr

I love a lot of the other songs already nominated too !!

Don't Laugh! But while climbing to keep my cadence steady, I sing "The wheels on the bus go round and round..."

works every time!

;)

bianchigirl said:
Don't Laugh! But while climbing to keep my cadence steady, I sing "The wheels on the bus go round and round..."

;)

in my case very slowly (do the wheels go round and round, when I'm
climbing !!!!!!)

Astral Projection - Another World
Blur - Song 2 (for the final stretch?)
Dream Theater - As I Am
Godsmack - I Stand Alone
Judas Priest - Judas Rising (for the start, of course)
Matthew Good Band - Giant
Megadeth - Crush 'Em
Snoop Dogg & Xzibit - B**** Please (on the attack)

If your're racing, try "Rockin Down the Highway" by the Doobie Brothers.

Daremo said:
Slayer is so fast the head gets banging in the middle of the ride.

I may have outgrown my angry teenage male phase more than a decade ago, but nothing works better for indoor intervals than Slayer's 1980's classic album Reign in Blood, any song, but preferably the whole album. Maybe I need to try it in a TT...

right now, i am getting good rides with the song "Girlie Parts" by
The Sons Of Tricky Dicky.

this may be the best ever. i predict if it got played at a stadium sport event it would catch on like "we will rock you", or gary glitter.

Lonnie Utah said:
So here's the deal with this thread. This was motivated by the "do you wear headphones thread" and should be fun. What I would like folks to do here is post what song you think should be the best song to bike to assuming you wore headphones. Anything goes, but I would like some justification as to your choice. If someone posts one you like you can second the nomination. In about a week, I'll take the top 10 or so and make it a poll. Come back and vote so we can determine what's the best cycling song EVER.

I'm going to nominate a few, but I'll start with Born to be Wild. The song is really upbeat to keep you pumping and the lyrics just seem to fit. I know it was written about a car, but in my eye, my "motor" is my legs :D

I aslo like Green Day's "Hitching a ride"

There's a drought at the fountain of youth, and now I'm dehydrating.
My tongue is swelling up, as say 1, 2. 1, 2, 3, 4.

This should get us going...
HAVE FUN !