Best Cycling Song Ever ! (Nominations)

Eilert Pilarm said:
the van halen, van hagar, and creed-HIGHER....those are so money!
ARGH! Both Van Halen and Sammy Hagar were both SO much better before getting together. They pussed out then.

How about Sammy Hagar, Bad Motorscooter?

Yippee38 said:
ARGH! Both Van Halen and Sammy Hagar were both SO much better before getting together. They pussed out then.

How about Sammy Hagar, Bad Motorscooter?
only in comparison with van-LeeRoth and Van-Hagar, some folks prefer one over the other.
i like some of both.

and the Sammy interviews on the Don and Mike show were excellent, and made me wish i could afford to vacation down in Cabo.
:cool:

wheelist said:
I'm with Blimp on this one. And he's right about Sid.....

I've got a mouse
but he hasn't got a house,
I don't know why I call him Gerald.
He's getting rather old
but he's a good mouse.

Genius. :D
Here's a treat for you all. Flash Bike!!!

:)

Umm Britney Spears?

:D Hahuh...kidding.
Led Zeppelin(anything), Pink floyd(Comfortably numb), Metallica(Kill em all)

But seriously, these days PLEASE GUYS DO NOT LISTEN TO MUSIC ON THE ROAD. Just the thought gives me goosebumps. I have been saved one too many times because I could hear a car coming or had been paying attention.
Too many idiot drivers in the US. At home my trainer is too noisy, combined with the fan to keep me cool. I prefer watching TV or an old TDF video :)

Darude - Sandstorm Club mix. hands down. This gos for Motorcycling too.

And I do listen to music when I cycle, and lots of other 'bad things' too. I ain't a bit afraid either.

Green Day's -When I Come Around...it may take me a bit longer to get wherever I'm going. BUT...I do come around!

netscriber said:
But seriously, these days PLEASE GUYS DO NOT LISTEN TO MUSIC ON THE ROAD. Just the thought gives me goosebumps. I have been saved one too many times because I could hear a car coming or had been paying attention.
Too many idiot drivers in the US. At home my trainer is too noisy, combined with the fan to keep me cool. I prefer watching TV or an old TDF video :)
True - vehicles are obviously a hazard for roadies, but I'd be quite surprised to see a car or truck on a MTB trail....

I haven't seen "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins (Top Gun)...it is motivational, although I do not listen to music when I ride.

While climbing I will sing "the wheels on the bus go round and round" to keep cadence.

:p

bianchigirl said:
I haven't seen "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins (Top Gun)...it is motivational, although I do not listen to music when I ride.

While climbing I will sing "the wheels on the bus go round and round" to keep cadence.

:p
How about Iron Maiden " Dance of death" thats a awesome 30min plus climbing album. If doing a TT how about Guns n Roses " night Train" . For intervals theres Motley crue kick start my heart and shout at the devil.

This thread is WAAAAY too long to look through, so it's probably been mentioned before, but I always ride faster when I have that Queen song running through my head:

Bicycle, bicycle...
I want to ride my bicycle,
I want to ride my bike.
I want to ride my bicycle,
I want to ride it where I like!

"Foggy Mountain Breakdown" Flatt & Scruggs It came up on my nano while on shuffle. I would have never thought of using it.

this list always gets me goin...

diesel power - prodigy
rebel yell - scooter
s'aint - marilyn manson
22 - millencolin
for whom the bells toll - metallica
big pimpin - jay-z
blood brothers - papa roach
anema - tool
cociane - dj yakuza

"Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road" because I actually smelled (and saw) one while on a ride.

Peter Gabriel's "Salisbury Hill" always makes me think of cycling, especially on hills. There's a reason for that that I won't go into just yet.

Have any of you heard of a song called The Train Song?? I think that's the name. It actually has a great techno beat but then sounds like a train is approaching you--- I took a class where the train approached 7 times and we had to hit Zone 4 each time!! HELP!!