Best Day?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Steve McGinty, Apr 13, 2003.

  1. Woke up this morning to the London marathon and Radcliffe's incredible run - then superbikes and FA
    Cup semis fill the gap until the main event, Paris - Roubaix. Finish it off with the Masters golf.

    Is there a better day of the year for sports fans?

    Stephen

    Tags:

  2. "Steve McGinty" <[email protected]_DOT_.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Woke up this morning to the London marathon and Radcliffe's incredible run - then superbikes
    > and FA Cup semis fill the gap until the main event, Paris - Roubaix. Finish it off with the
    > Masters golf.
    >
    > Is there a better day of the year for sports fans?

    Did Shakey win BSB?

  3. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Steve McGinty" <[email protected]_DOT_.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Woke up this morning to the London marathon and Radcliffe's incredible run - then superbikes
    > > and FA Cup semis fill the gap until the main event, Paris - Roubaix. Finish it off with the
    > > Masters golf.
    > >
    > > Is there a better day of the year for sports fans?
    > >

    > Did Shakey win BSB?

    He was second to Rutter in the first leg and won the second, with Rutter a DNF. Just so you know.

    --
    tanx, Howard

    Read. Think. Type. Send.

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?

    For some people, quantity IS quality...

  4. That brings back fond memories of my best sports day ever. May 1, 1991. Went to the A's game that
    afternoon and saw Rickey Henderson break Lou Brock's all time stolen base record (he infamously
    proclaimed "Lou Brock was a great base stealer, but now I'm the greatets ever - a precurser to
    Cipollini). After the game I raced the BBC twilight crit in Alameda (I remember having a good race)
    then toweled off and went back to the Coliseum to catch the second half of the Warriors against the
    San Antonio Spurs in round 1 of the NBA playoffs. Chris Mullin scored 40 pts for the victorious
    Warriors (they've sucked ever since). As for Rickey, I saw him at a Raiders Game in December
    looking fit as ever. Did he ever sign a contract for this year? He's like 43 or something; another
    Masters Fattie.

    Mark VandenBerghe

  5. Mark VandenBerghe wrote:
    > That brings back fond memories of my best sports day ever. May 1, 1991. Went to the A's game that
    > afternoon and saw Rickey Henderson break Lou Brock's all time stolen base record (he infamously
    > proclaimed "Lou Brock was a great base stealer, but now I'm the greatets ever - a precurser to

    The TV commentary on that game was "Only in Oakland would a guy get a standing ovation for stealing
    something."