Best Day?

Steve McGinty

Guest
Woke up this morning to the London marathon and Radcliffe's incredible run - then superbikes and FA
Cup semis fill the gap until the main event, Paris - Roubaix. Finish it off with the Masters golf.

Is there a better day of the year for sports fans?

Stephen

"Steve McGinty" <stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Woke up this morning to the London marathon and Radcliffe's incredible run - then superbikes
> and FA Cup semis fill the gap until the main event, Paris - Roubaix. Finish it off with the
> Masters golf.
>
> Is there a better day of the year for sports fans?

Did Shakey win BSB?

In article <[email protected]>, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Steve McGinty" <stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Woke up this morning to the London marathon and Radcliffe's incredible run - then superbikes
> > and FA Cup semis fill the gap until the main event, Paris - Roubaix. Finish it off with the
> > Masters golf.
> >
> > Is there a better day of the year for sports fans?
> >

> Did Shakey win BSB?

He was second to Rutter in the first leg and won the second, with Rutter a DNF. Just so you know.

--
tanx, Howard

Read. Think. Type. Send.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?

For some people, quantity IS quality...

That brings back fond memories of my best sports day ever. May 1, 1991. Went to the A's game that
afternoon and saw Rickey Henderson break Lou Brock's all time stolen base record (he infamously
proclaimed "Lou Brock was a great base stealer, but now I'm the greatets ever - a precurser to
Cipollini). After the game I raced the BBC twilight crit in Alameda (I remember having a good race)
then toweled off and went back to the Coliseum to catch the second half of the Warriors against the
San Antonio Spurs in round 1 of the NBA playoffs. Chris Mullin scored 40 pts for the victorious
Warriors (they've sucked ever since). As for Rickey, I saw him at a Raiders Game in December
looking fit as ever. Did he ever sign a contract for this year? He's like 43 or something; another
Masters Fattie.

Mark VandenBerghe

Mark VandenBerghe wrote:
> That brings back fond memories of my best sports day ever. May 1, 1991. Went to the A's game that
> afternoon and saw Rickey Henderson break Lou Brock's all time stolen base record (he infamously
> proclaimed "Lou Brock was a great base stealer, but now I'm the greatets ever - a precurser to

The TV commentary on that game was "Only in Oakland would a guy get a standing ovation for stealing
something."