Best eBay bargain?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Zog The Undenia, Oct 23, 2003.

  1. 4 Speclialized Turbo R 27" tyres for two quid each on eBay (yes, I did want that size and not 700c).
    SJSC want £19.99 for their remaining one.

    So what's your best ever bargain?

    Roger

    Tags:

  2. W K

    W K Guest

    "Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > 4 Speclialized Turbo R 27" tyres for two quid each on eBay (yes, I did want that size and not
    > 700c). SJSC want £19.99 for their remaining one.
    >
    > So what's your best ever bargain?

    Probably not having ever bought anything on ebay having heard the silly bidding that goes on.

    I sometimes quite like the look of "dawes racers" etc. flogged off by the police, but the 18 quid
    p+p was nearly as much as the bike.

  3. Msa

    Msa Guest

    "W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > 4 Speclialized Turbo R 27" tyres for two quid each on eBay (yes, I did want that size and not
    > > 700c). SJSC want £19.99 for their remaining one.
    > >
    > > So what's your best ever bargain?

    Never bought a bargain, but I made a killing on a sale once. Bought a Jaguar Owners Club car badge
    years ago at a boot sale for £2. Put it on eBay about 6 months ago and someone bought it for £120!
    Damn pleased with it he was too.

    Horses for courses.

    --
    Mark (MSA)

    Bike shop assistant... "We couldn't repair your brakes, so we made your horn louder"!

  4. Got a pair of Giro d' Italia limited (!) edition Michelin Axial Pro Lites for £18. SJS sell them at
    a discounted rate of £14.99 each.

    Mind you they punctured 3 times on their maiden voyage, a 5 mile trip and I havent used
    them since ;-)

    TT "Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > 4 Speclialized Turbo R 27" tyres for two quid each on eBay (yes, I did want that size and not
    > 700c). SJSC want £19.99 for their remaining one.
    >
    > So what's your best ever bargain?
    >
    > Roger

  5. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest