best Florida road racing pedal?

hau

Mar 3, 2010
I have been out of road racing for 6yrs and would ask which road race pedal is best for N.Miami. I have a Lightspeed custom road bike, am 5'10" and 175lbs.
Thank you in advance for your help

hau said:
I have been out of road racing for 6yrs and would ask which road race pedal is best for N.Miami. I have a Lightspeed custom road bike, am 5'10" and 175lbs.
Thank you in advance for your help

Speedplay Zero...

I'm a northeast US rider on Speedplays. I like them but the winter snow, sand, ice can be a bit of a pain. As long as you don't need to walk through sand or mud, they are a nice pedal system.

I'm pedaling Look Keos, but, among others have used Speedplay in the past. Really, any pedal that you like and keep well maintained will be the best, unless it's a Wellgo. Spend the money to make sure you get a pedal whose bearings can be replaced.

No such thing - buy the ones you like best, they therefore are the best.

It seems to be all about looks in Miami, so I'd say Looks would be best there.

(Speedplay) Zeroes might seem more fitting in Alaska or maybe North Dakota or Minnesota because of the freezing temperatures.

frenchyge said:

(Speedplay) Zeroes might seem more fitting in Alaska or maybe North Dakota or Minnesota because of the freezing temperatures.

Wondering now about my Times. Is Time a bad thing when you're riding? I mean, if you're racing, time is against you. But if you're just enjoying the ride, time is good. Darn it, and I like these pedals!

frenchyge said:

This thread cracks me up. Why does location have anything to do with what type of road pedals somebody should get???

Peter@vecchios said:
This thread cracks me up. Why does location have anything to do with what type of road pedals somebody should get???

Location has everything to do with the funny he made using two double entendres.