Best frame ever?

SnprHostage911

Jul 25, 2004
Doesn't matter the year or company or anything. Just what to you think the best frame is. I've seen some frames made by Evil that are pretty sweet.

SnprHostage911 said:
Doesn't matter the year or company or anything. Just what to you think the best frame is. I've seen some frames made by Evil that are pretty sweet.
Chinese Huffy. The gold standard.

Trek Y-Foil. Carbon beam frame, aero design, only made for two years. The UCI said it was an 'unfair advantage', whatever that means. The UCI ban killed the Foil, though some triatheletes still favor it.

May not be the absolute best frameset, but IMHO one of the most graceful looking, and at $500-600 for a clean frameset on ebay these days, one of the most cost effective.

The De Rosa King, or... maybe... the new Fondriest Carbon TF1 (I think that's what its called).

Raleigh Chopper circa 1968 with the small front wheel and 3 speed stick shift. Dang if I still had that bike I could make a mint on eBay!

Best frame is the free one I'm riding now; 03 Klein Q Pro Carbon Team.

One rider's "best frame" is another's POS. A nice light Ti bike may be sweet for a 135 lb jockey, but would be too flexy for a bigger bloke.

capwater said:
bigger bloke.

"bloke".....are you English?

I thought if I used the word "bloke" on these US forums, nobody would understand me :)

Are Americans familiar with the phrase, "cop that"?

SnprHostage911 said:
Best frame hmmmmmmmm I would have to say my schwinn 68 orange krate or 71 grey ghost. Oh wait the 78 stingray jr. is soooooooo fun to ride wheelies on.... oh wait a.d.d. was kicking in there. I loved my old trek 2300 from the early 92 love my lightspeed firenze but after 12 years of not riding a road bike.....the bug bit again

milkbone said:
Best frame hmmmmmmmm I would have to say my schwinn 68 orange krate or 71 grey ghost. Oh wait the 78 stingray jr. is soooooooo fun to ride wheelies on.... oh wait a.d.d. was kicking in there. I loved my old trek 2300 from the early 92 love my lightspeed firenze but after 12 years of not riding a road bike.....the bug bit again

Colnago C-50

Klien Team Super circa late 80's. That's why I'm looking for one beacuse at 6' 9" my 72 cm steel frames ride kinda rough....

Well, I think my Look 595 is drop dead sexy, and it performs as well as it looks.

"Chinese Huffy. The gold standard."

Pfffft!

1972 Sears "Free Spirit". The Platinum Standard!

The robotic spot welds were the pinnacle of frame assembly quality and what aspiring racer could resist the allure of color coordinated zip ties to secure the cables?! The classic 'smooshed fork blade dropouts' were light years ahead of today's integrated carbon forks.