Best frame for TT bike?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by John Crankshaw, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Give some leads to finding a good TT frame. How does the Cervelo P2K stack up?

    Tags:

  2. Andresmuro

    Andresmuro Guest

    habanero,

    andres

  3. BaCardi

    BaCardi New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2003
    yeah, habanero's got some fantastic deals and the ride is smooth.

  4. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    "John Crankshaw" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Give some leads to finding a good TT frame. How does the Cervelo P2K stack up?

    TT's are very popular in the Uk and the weapon of choice at the moment seems to be the Giant TCR
    Aero, I know I've got one. Lovely frame & not stupidly expensive. If only my legs were better.

    Stan Cox

  5. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

    "John Crankshaw" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Give some leads to finding a good TT frame. How does the Cervelo P2K stack up?

    It is hard to beat the P2K for the optimal combination of proper geometry, aerodynamics, and price.
    The latter is esp. true given that they've become quite popular the last few years...you can
    probably pick up a used one for under $1000.

    Andy Coggan

  6. patch70

    patch70 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2003
    Messages:
    1,682
    The P2K is an excellent bike as is the P3. If funds are limited, the Cervelo Dual is also very good. A slightly cheaper frame with better wheels will be more aero than a better frame with non-aero wheels.
    All of these three have great aerodynamics and so will potentially go fast. However, make sure you get a proper fit and that the bike is comfortable for you.
    If you purchased a Kestrel or a Softride that is slightly less aerodynamic but which perhaps you find more comfortable (and hence can keep going in the aero bars for longer), then this will ultimately be faster.

  7. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

    "patch70" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > The P2K is an excellent bike as is the P3. If funds are limited, the Cervelo Dual is also very
    > good. A slightly cheaper frame with better wheels will be more aero than a better frame with
    > non-aero wheels. All of these three have great aerodynamics and so will potentially go fast.
    > However, make sure you get a proper fit and that the bike is comfortable for you. If you
    > purchased a Kestrel or a Softride that is slightly less aerodynamic but which perhaps you find
    > more comfortable (and hence can keep going in the aero bars for longer), then this will
    > ultimately be faster.

    You sound like a triathlete - no racing cyclist I know who bothers to invest in a bike just for
    TTing worries about whether the frame is "comfortable" enough that they can stay in the aerobars.
    If you can't in the aero position for 40k, you probably shouldn't be wasting your money on a
    separate TT bike.

    Andy Coggan

  8. patch70

    patch70 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2003
    Messages:
    1,682
    >"You sound like a triathlete"
    You'd better clean out your ears then Andy.