best high pressure tyres?

Indian corn is a little harder to digest so it shows up better.

Originally Posted by alienator .

"Red dot" or "woo woo" indian?

Well if I am feeling promiscuous a little "woo woo" sets me straight.

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

Maybe Tony Martin winning the World Time Trial Champs on Conti clinchers with more "guts" (vectran puncture protection) in them than those listed by you would lead credance to a statement saying that even the World TT Champ thinks you're full of sh1t. ;)

The new conti TT tire will be out next year and is based on the 4000RS tire that was a limited release. From the nuggets of info I can gather, that means a casing and vectran layer like the 4000S but with less rubber tread.

Just think - Martin could have fulfilled his sponsorship requirements with some of the lighest and finest tires ever made - including the uber sexy Continental Olympic tubular (185 grams - 220psi max pressure)... but instead chose a clincher dismissed by some experts on cyclingforums as **** :p

Cav and Matt Goss however, used standard issue Conti road tires that Froze would deem as heavy and **** to claim gold and silver at the world road race champs.
Schitwampy; You just like to cause trouble where none was intended. Please read all my posts and find where I said Conti tires were heavy and ****. All I did was point out a simple test of a bunch of tires and let that test speak for itself. And from that you concluded that I think all Conti tires are heavy and ****. Problem with you is that your a assumer and that's why you love my shitony pizza with Indian corn.

Originally Posted by davereo .

Indian corn is a little harder to digest so it shows up better.
Cool! I'm always looking for new natural laxatives. I tried senna leaf once, but it was too brutal

I have heard that the orphaned children of the British Empire often suffer the intractable constipation that plagues all who still live under the crown and the opposable thumbless royalty.

Now you know it's true.
Actually, yeah nah, my attraction to laxatives is due to my secret eating disorder. Don't tell anyone. In fact, it's the main reason I ride me bike so much. :p

Originally Posted by 531Aussie .

Now you know it's true.
Actually, yeah nah, my attraction to laxatives is due to my secret eating disorder. Don't tell anyone. In fact, it's the main reason I ride me bike so much. :p
My attraction to laxatives is purely fetish related. Apparently, there are a lot of girls that get turned on by a guy taking an explosive, runny shite.

My attraction to laxatives is purely fetish related. Apparently, there are a lot of girls that get turned on by a guy taking an explosive, runny shite.
If that's the case then lots of girls should be eyeballing Froze's mouth with eager anticipation.

Froze. You said this:

"You didn't read his post. He wanted light, ie fast and high pressure, no mention of flat resistance even after I told him he didn't and the tires I mentioned wear fast and won't last long on the street he still didn't request for something different. By the way GP4000's are only average in rolling resistance."

To me, your little precis of the GP4000s is that it's a puncture resistant slug. Ironic that the tire that was ridden by the current World TT champ was derived from a slug but with tad less rubber but similar casing and vectran puncture resistant strip...

Alienator - do you just bend over or do you have a scat chair?

Hmm, I think I know a couple of 'ladies' I could hook you up with, and not too expensive

If that's the case then lots of girls should be eyeballing Froze's mouth with eager anticipation.

Froze. You said this:

"You didn't read his post. He wanted light, ie fast and high pressure, no mention of flat resistance even after I told him he didn't and the tires I mentioned wear fast and won't last long on the street he still didn't request for something different. By the way GP4000's are only average in rolling resistance."

To me, your little precis of the GP4000s is that it's a puncture resistant slug. Ironic that the tire that was ridden by the current World TT champ was derived from a slug but with tad less rubber but similar casing and vectran puncture resistant strip...

I use post plunged in the ground from which I hold my body up. I find this allows me to spray the effluent farther, thus preventing getting any splash on myself. In the case where the ground is to hard to insert the post, I'll make use of furniture, house pets, or an innocent bystander.

Originally Posted by 531Aussie .

Hmm, I think I know a couple of 'ladies' I could hook you up with, and not too expensive
I hope none of them are named "Pat". I'm not falling for that one again.

Froze. You said this:

Swamp bogger, you just like to argue about things that are not there. You are putting words into my post that don't exist, you need a life dude. According to the test the results for the Conti GP4000s are just average, I never said, nor implied that they were puncture resistant slugs...YOU SAID THAT!! All I did was report the test, that's it. I personally don't care about whether their fast, slow or in between, I don't buy tires based on some test, I buy based on the best closeout deal I can find for good quality tires. The OP wanted what he asked for and got what he asked for after I plainly told him those tires were for racing and would not last long on the street. Get a frecken life man, and quit trying to create problems were none exist.

Quote: Originally Posted by alienator . I hope none of them are named "Pat". I'm not falling for that one again.

I'm not sure. Is 'Pat' a Thai name?

Originally Posted by Froze .

Swamp bogger, you just like to argue about things that are not there. You are putting words into my post that don't exist, you need a life dude. According to the test the results for the Conti GP4000s are just average, I never said, nor implied that they were puncture resistant slugs...YOU SAID THAT!! All I did was report the test, that's it. I personally don't care about whether their fast, slow or in between, I don't buy tires based on some test, I buy based on the best closeout deal I can find for good quality tires. The OP wanted what he asked for and got what he asked for after I plainly told him those tires were for racing and would not last long on the street. Get a frecken life man, and quit trying to create problems were none exist.
The point here is that GP4000s are race tires. Conti Supersonics are special event tires and not general race or training tires. When you're giving advice for someone to go spend $100+ you need to be able to differentiate between "are they going to be using this for a short hill climb" or "do they want to ride something more fun in training and racing"

You said they weren't light enough or "fast enough", yet the world time trial champ and Continental thinks that a tire based on the GP4000 is more than up to the job. The Supersonic is still a more extreme tire than the one used by Tony Martin.

Ozman,

Pat Thai... sounds like something you'd eat at a Thai restaurant. You sick, sick man.... ;)

Alienator,

I think you must live near me. The local Chinese place served something passed off as chicken that I think was cat and had a "musty" taste to it... Nothing that some Zakk Wyldes' "Stronger than Death" hot sauce couldn't fix though

Originally Posted by davereo .

Tubes hold the air. One puncture in a year is not bad. How many miles do you have on the tires?
davereo:
They are pretty new tires..only about 600 miles.

Funny all the years I have been riding I have only had three punctures on the road.
First one that I remember was a sew up that I just put a new tire on .
The second I just took the tire and tube off and rode on the bare wheel for a few miles.
And the third I got to change at home after I discovered the tire was flat as I was getting my bike ready to take a ride.
Not bad.